The Office of the Dean in the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine invites applications for a full-time Coordinator of Special Programs. The University encourages applications from individuals belonging to groups underrepresented in their field and those that can add new and valuable perspectives to the academic environment. The Coordinator of Special Programs will manage the planning and delivery of special programs and events, including continuing education programs, alumni and admissions initiatives, and provide programmatic and administrative support for student affairs functions. The Coordinator of Special Programs has a dual reporting structure; reporting to the Associate Dean of Clinical Experiences and the Director of Student Affairs. This position will perform other job-related duties and projects within the Office of the Dean as assigned or delegated.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Continuing Education o Communicate with the Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME) for continuing education activities, as well as with state professional societies and regulatory/licensing agencies to ensure that programs are in accordance with rules and regulations.
o Prepare annual reports to CPME to renew our accreditation status.
o Prepare a report every five years to CPME to petition for continual approval.
o Prepare an annual report to the State of Illinois licensing.
o Create and distribute continuing education credit certificates.
o Ensure knowledge of rules and regulations for distribution of Continuing Education (CE) for Podiatric Physicians.
o Work closely with CE directors and coordinators from other Colleges/Schools at RFUMS when granting continuing education credits for interprofessional CE programs.
o Assist students, staff and faculty in preparing CE-sponsored grand rounds, symposiums and annual conferences.
• Student Affairs/Alumni Relations/Admissions o Facilitate calendars for proper coordination of appointments/meetings, conference calls, conferences and travel arrangements.
o Assist with the planning of the College’s participation in major events (i.e., Orientation, White Coat Ceremony, Awards Day, Commencement, etc.)
o Assist in managing the annual Dean’s Letter process for graduating students.
o Provide support for programming initiatives.
o Assist in planning local recruitment events with students, faculty and alumni, in collaboration with the Divisions of Strategic Enrollment Management and Institutional Advancement.
o Assist in the development and implementation of College Alumni events, in collaboration with the Division of Institutional Advancement.
o With assistance from the Division of Strategic Enrollment Management, participate in the interview day with prospective students and participate in recruitment events representing Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine.
o Coordination of the Scholl College Student Ambassador Program.
• Overall o Develop strategies for marketing and delivery of programs and events, in consultation with the Associate Dean of Clinical Experiences and the Director of Student Affairs.
o Maintain timely and current information of all programs and events on the College’s website and intranet site.
o Create and prepare confidential correspondence including reports, memorandums, letters, agendas, spreadsheets and forms as well as manage the coordination of planning initiatives.
o Create surveys and compile results.
o Assist with coordinating conferences and events (i.e., Midwinter Seminar, Dance for Diabetes, Distinguished Lecturer Series, Interprofessional Conferences, etc.)
o Arrange travel, lodging, payments and reimbursements for speakers.
o Manage budget for special programs and events.
o Initiate purchase orders, check requests, orders supplies, etc.
o Reconcile purchasing and travel corporate cards.
o Attend leadership, staff development and ASA meetings to stay up to date on University-wide operations and policy issues.
o Direct and coordinate other routine operations and project management duties related to function as requested, delegated or assigned.
Required Education & Experience
• Associate Degree. • Must achieve a background check clearance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrates project management experience in an academic or corporate setting.
• Actions reflect critical thinking, anticipation of needs, flexibility to address changing priorities quickly and frequently, and consistent thoroughness and support a high level of effectiveness.
• Ability to take initiative and exhibits ownership of activities and a passion for the College to excel.
• Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Access, Adobe, Google Apps and the Wufoo system.
• Demonstrated proficiency in spreadsheet creation and analysis, word processing, database applications, graphic and presentation software.
• Exemplary verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to compose correspondence and draft reports, while maintaining confidentiality.
• Strong work ethic and customer service oriented.
• Experience in financial management/budgeting and reconciliations preferred.
• Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment; determine priorities and multi-task to meet deadlines.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to work/interact with diverse populations showing respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
• Ability to effectively work with all levels of personnel (external partners, University administration, faculty, staff and students) with a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Seeks out opportunities to assume more responsibility, not easily overwhelmed, and exhibits motivation and initiative when faced with new challenges.
• Pays attention to efficiency and time constraints, but does not “watch the clock”.
• Possesses a “can do attitude”, with a desire to serve the College/University constituents.
• Seeks out opportunities to develop new skills, advance current abilities and actively apply these skills.
• Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of operations and project management experience.
• Knowledge of/or an understanding of the University infrastructure, healthcare or nonprofit organizations is highly desired.
Typical Physical Demands and Working Conditions
• Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Work is performed in typical office environment.
• Works is of light physical demand that requires both desk work and work at file cabinets. Duties are performed while standing, sitting, light lifting and occasionally stooping. Regular use of computers, telephones and other office equipment.
About Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, a national leader in Interprofessional medical and healthcare education, is a graduate-level health sciences university situated on an attractive 85-acre campus in North Chicago, Illinois, approximately 40 miles north of the city of Chicago and 50 miles south of Milwaukee. As such, the University benefits from active collaborations with local h...ospitals, as well as academic institutions in both cities. The campus is shared with the North Chicago VA Medical Center and the Great Lakes Naval Training Center, both of which provide the University with potential research and clinical training resources. Rosalind Franklin University is comprised of five Schools: the Chicago Medical School, College of Health Professions, Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, the College of Pharmacy and the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies. Rosalind Franklin University enrolls approximately 2,000 students per academic year, and is supported by 1650 full and part-time faculty and 415 staff members. Founded in 1912, Rosalind Franklin University has educated more than 17,000 medical and advanced health sciences degree graduates in the United States and worldwide. Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science promotes a dynamic learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry. To serve the population through the interprofessional education of health and biomedical professionals and the discovery of knowledge dedicated to improving the wellness of its people. Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities