The University of Tennessee at Martin is accepting applications for a Disability Resources Coordinator. This position oversees the registration and accommodation of students with disabilities to ensure equal access to UT Martin programs and activities.
* Supervise personnel in the Disability Resources office and ensuring appropriate record keeping and assessment practices are followed
* Maintain contracts with real-time transcription services, sign language interpreters, closed captioning services, and maintaining the inventory of assistive technologies on campus (braille and embossing machines, Read and Write Gold, JAWS screen reader, etc.)
* Handle all accommodating testing for students with disabilities
* Coordinate faculty and staff accommodations when requested
* Work with Physical Plant to plan and implement modifications of facilities to ensure ADA compliance
* Request disability accommodations, from the public, (such as sign language interpreting at university sponsored events) will be directed to this positions as well
* Maintain the accuracy of the New Faculty and Staff training on the American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
* Serve as an active member and consultant to the Accessible Technology Committee (ATC) and the Care Team for students of concern
* Supervise the testing center operations and staff
* Familiar with testing processes, credentials, software and hardware
The primary purpose of the University of Tennessee at Martin is to provide a quality undergraduate education in a traditional collegiate atmosphere characterized at all levels by close collaboration among students, faculty and staff. In addition, the university is dedicated to meeting lifelong educational needs by providing graduate programs, distance-learning opportunities and other creative ende...avors. Furthermore, the university is committed to advancing the regional and global community through scholarly activities, research and public service.