The Degree Audit and Graduation Analyst works under general direction to manage the degree audit system including programming, maintenance, testing, end-user training, and the development of documentation and materials. The management of this system requires in-depth knowledge of the degree audit software and student information system. Applies knowledge of UC Merced academic policies and program requirements to automate business processes and practices.
The Degree Audit and Graduation Analyst provides student records-related services including degree clearance and diploma production. Works with the Office of the Registrar and Schools representatives to recommend changes to policies, practices, and procedures related to academic requirements and degree completion.
Manages the degree audit and degree planning systems. This includes accurately interpreting, programing, verifying, and maintaining degree requirements (majors, minors, concentrations) in the degree audit system. Assists with degree audit system and degree planning system upgrades, including recommending enhancements. Gathers and analyzes data to prepare business process and procedural and end-user documentation. Develops project plans and assists with implementation of changes in development, maintenance, system standards and in the creation of specifications. Devises curriculum planning for the degree audit and degree planning systems in collaboration with School leadership, faculty and with other departments. Ensures system catalog updates are approved and completed in a timely fashion. Collaborates with Admissions to ensure proper programing of transfer articulation requirements and troubleshooting of any business process or system issues. Works closely with Office of the Registrar Business Systems Analysts and the SIS Team to improve technical functionality, interfaces, and reports for managed functions and programs.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and one year of progressively responsible related experience in a higher education setting and/or equivalent experience/training required.
• Thorough knowledge of policies, regulations, and practices with student records services required.
• Thorough knowledge of University of California and UC Merced policies, processes, and procedures and of Federal and California laws pertaining to the privacy rights of students and access to student information required.
• Ability to apply thorough knowledge of policies to a variety of individual situations required.
• Ability to recommend procedures to ensure compliance in a diverse learning community required.
• Ability to maintain complete discretion, confidentiality, sensitivity and to exercise professional judgment required.
• Strong problem identification, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills; judgment and decision-making ability required.
• General knowledge of business and process analysis functions required.
• Ability to assess processes and implement improvements as well as to identify measures of system performance and the actions to improve student performance and progress to degree completion required.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, active listening skills, interpersonal skills and customer service orientation required.
• Ability to interpret and communicate academic policy and program information to a variety of campus constituencies in a variety of formats required.
• Intermediate knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs and productivity software required.
• Working knowledge and demonstrated ability to use complex databases and student information systems required.
• Demonstrated testing and test planning skills required.
• Ability to work with people from diverse cultures required.
• Utilize excellent constituent service skills with all interactions required.
• Strong ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with campus departments, UC campuses, and external agencies required.
• Thorough knowledge of advising and counseling techniques required.
• Thorough knowledge of particular Registrar core functions (e.g., program and degree requirements, automated degree audit encoding, degree roadmap building, degree clearance business processes, etc.) required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing work environment with a high level of interruption and ability to support multiple functions with fluctuating priorities required.
• Experience with Banner, uAchieve, uAchieve Planner, and Cognos preferred.
UC Merced is the first new American research university built in the 21st century, with a mission of research, teaching and service. The campus opened Sept. 5, 2005, in the San Joaquin Valley. The university is about an hour north of Fresno, two hours south of Sacramento, two hours southeast of San Francisco and the Silicon Valley, and 90 minutes west of Yosemite National Park.