As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel.
Provides counseling, support, crisis intervention and other social work services to patients and their families. Provides clinical intervention for individual, family and groups. Assists patients through advocacy procedures. Adheres to and promotes the Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Conducts psychosocial assessments: - Adheres to regulations and department policy - Confers with caregivers and family members - Communicates all relevant information to other health care providers Identifies situations requiring high risk screen review
2) Works collaboratively with care providers: - Responds to consults for assessment from any health care professional - Works with other members of the healthcare team regarding patient and family issues related to complicated discharges - Addresses issues from both the inpatient and outpatient clinics
3) Provides individual family and group support - Identifies informational and support needs of patients and families - Initiates family and community meetings as needed - Develops and adheres to treatment plans - Provides disease specific counseling and rehabilitation sessions - Responds to requests for intervention and/or counseling from patient or family
4) Initiates Clinical Intervention: - Recommends and conducts short term counseling to patients and families - Develops treatment plan and goals according to patient?s age, circumstances and clinical issues - Provides crisis intervention for trauma patients or in cases of abuse
5) Contributes to departmental functioning by: - Quality improvement activities - Participating in meetings - Committee participation - Community projects - Lecturing - Supervision of interns - Providing support groups and/or participating in disease specific clinic
6) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
7) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
8) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
9) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
10) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
11) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
12) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
13) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
14) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: MSW from an accredited school of social work with a concentration in health care
Licensure, Certification, Registration: LCSW
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards. Excellent communication skills both oral and written, ability to negotiate in health care systems. Basic knowledge of Quality Improvement techniques.
- Experience in providing social work services preferably in an acute care setting or other health care environment - Experience providing short term counseling and crisis intervention - Experience in running therapy and psycho educational groups. Shift
DAYS, 8 hour shifts; Saturday/Sunday every other weekend) About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.