International Admissions Recruiters in International Studies and Programs at the University of Missouri–St. Louis are responsible for increasing international student enrollment on both the undergraduate and graduate levels.
• Develop an annual recruitment plan to increase international enrollment on campus
• Engage in international travel and represent the University at recruitment fairs, high school visits, and partner institutions in assigned territories overseas
• Respond to prospective student inquiries and serve as a frontline liaison for International Student & Scholar Services (ISS)
• Maintain a network of international education agents and overseas contacts in order to increase student referrals
• Organize mass mailings of recruitment and marketing materials
• Arrange meetings on campus for prospective students and international visitors
• Create and manage ISS profiles on both mainstream and professionally oriented websites
• Develop basic recruitment materials, such as promotional flyers and University fact sheets
• Be familiar with regulations and procedures governing international students in the United States
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability to undertake international travel for extended periods of time
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
• Experience studying or living overseas
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to deliver effective presentations
• Capacity to work both independently and as a part of a team
• Proficiency in a foreign language
• Experience working with international students in a formal setting
• Working knowledge of UMSL offices and programs
$15.29 - $20.70 per hour
October 16, 2017
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (314) 516-5805, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email mailto:email@example.com.
The University of Missouri, St. Louis offers benefit-eligible employees a wide variety of benefits including; health, dental and vision coverage effective on the first day of employment, vacation & sick time accrual, four personal days per year, tuition assistance for employees and their dependents, pension and employee & dependent life insurance. For more information about our benefit, please visit http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits.
UMSL is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
The University of Missouri?St. Louis (UMSL, commonly pronounced ""uhm-suhl"") is one of four universities in the University of Missouri System. Established in 1963, it is the newest university in the UM System, it is the largest university by enrollment in the St. Louis area with 16,809 students. UMSL's campus is located on the former grounds of the Bellerive Country Club in Saint Louis County, Mi...ssouri, United States, within the municipalities of Bellerive, Bel-Nor and Normandy. Additional facilities are located at the former site of Marillac College. UMSL is proud of its motivated, active student body, which consists of over 13,000 undergraduates and 3,500 graduate and professional degree seeing students. UMSL is home to 1,447 faculty members who deliver 54 bachelor's degree programs, 37 master's degree programs, 15 doctoral degree programs and the only professional degree in optometry in Missouri. UMSL provides 24 graduate certificate programs and two education specialist programs. Express Scripts, is the largest corporation in the country, has its headquarters located on a college campus. Express Scripts has 2,500 employees working on the UMSL campus.