We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Risk Analyst to support the Head of the Operational Risk Oversight & Advisory team to ensure that the operational risk framework, risk policies and standards are embedded and maintained effectively and consistently across within the M&G Group.
The Operational Risk & Governance team is responsible for the operational risk oversight of M&G, seeking to ensure that the company manages risks in accordance with the expectations of its clients, shareholder and regulators. The team works closely with business management and Prudential GHO Risk. Part of this team is the Operational Risk Oversight & Advisory team.
Supporting the Head of Advisory you will be responsible for
* Relationship management focus on the Risk, Finance, Compliance, Legal and Human Resources teams.
* Supporting the members of the Operational Risk & Advisory team in their activities, specifically providing support to the front and back office teams, where required.
* Support the delivery of the team strategy, ensuring that this remains aligned with the strategy of the Operational Risk & Governance team and the wider M&G Group.
* Maintaining an awareness of industry trends and best practise regarding operational risk.
* Maintaining an awareness of regulatory and industry developments that may affect the risk profile of the M&G Group.
* With focus on a specific BU/s within M&G, developing and maintaining positive relationships with the business to ensure that the operational risk framework, risk policies and standards are embedded and maintained effectively and consistently across the M&G Group, including:
- Ensuring the appropriate processes are in place to identify, monitor, challenge and report operational risks, controls and actions. - Ensuring the Control Self Certification and risk appetite processes are in place. - Oversight of operational incidents, including the performance of Operational Incident Reviews to analyse the cause and impact of errors, and working with the business to agree actions to prevent reoccurrence and report findings. - Supporting the continuous improvement of the M&G Operational Risk Framework.
* Attending relevant business meetings (boards, committees, groups, forums).
* Ensuring issues are reported to senior management in a timely manner.
* Providing appropriate operational risk support to projects.
* Directing and overseeing the work and output of a Risk Analyst.
What we are looking for
We are ideally looking for you to have experience in managing an operational risk framework from a first or second line of defence perspective in financial services, preferably being Asset Management. You will need working knowledge of the FCA, their current areas of focus, and specifically their views on best practice and conduct.
It will be beneficial for you to have a professional qualification including (IRM Diploma in Risk Mgt, ACA, CIMA, ACCA, IIA).
You will need to be pragmatic in both analytical thinking and problem solving and be able to assist with managing change. You will have strong influencing skills and demonstrate the ability to build effective relationships.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences. We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.