QVC is the world's leading video and ecommerce retailer, offering a curated collection of desirable brands to millions of customers around the globe each day through broadcast, Internet, and mobile sales platforms. QVC generated $8.8B in net revenue in 2014, of which $3.5B was from ecommerce.
At QVC, our people are our most important resource. That's why we're committed to helping them thrive—both as individuals and as part of a team that shares a common set of values we call The QVC Difference. By collectively supporting Personal Enrichment, Diversity & Inclusion, and Safety & Wellness, we build trust, community, partnership—and a state of well-being. Together, we’ve made QVC a great place to work!
We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to manage the 2nd (2pm-1045pm) Shift Facilities and Maintenance team in our 1.5M sq. ft Rocky Mount NC Distribution Center.
Key Responsibilities include:
1. Plans, schedules, and directs staff under the direction of the maintenance manager and external contractors in the mechanical maintenance of buildings and grounds. Assists development of, and maintains an operating budget to ensure that such maintenance is carried out on a cost-effective basis. To ensure that such facilities remain operational, oversees the regular maintenance of heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and other facilities.
2. Maintains and assists in the development of new department and company standards
3. Develops and implements short and long term goals for the department in coordination with corporate management.
4. Maintains and monitors department operating budget to ensure expenses are within established budgetary allocations and provides explanations for all variances. Manage an expense budget for repairs, maintenance, overtime, and inventory for building mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, and automation equipment.
5. Manage staff efficiency, utilizing computer software, developing department guidelines and procedures. Continually updating and improving efficiency and response time to minimize downtime.
6. Manage equipment, building, and related services, and forecasting any possible problems or defects that may occur (to the most minute detail) to ensure an uninterrupted 24 hour/ 7days a week television broadcast. This includes on-call availability anytime.
7. Manage contracts and their performance, efficiency, and value, to most effectively ensure an acceptable level completeness.
8. Manage projects (capital and expense), facility requests, PM’s, and special events.
9. Responding to critical company needs and/or requests.
10. Supervises a portion of the maintenance staff. Assists with interviews, hires, evaluates, counsels, and terminates employees. Provides training and develops the skills of the staff. Provides motivation, coaching, support, and guidance to personnel by reviewing performance and providing timely feedback. Provides a safe environment for employees to work in.
11. Provide CMMS reports summarizing scope of activities and detailed costs.
12. Acts as direct back-up to the maintenance manager when absent.
• Education: Trade school degree and a master level skill in a relevant trade with any applicable licensing.
• Experience: 8 to 10 years experience in a mechanical trade. 3+ years previous supervisory/management experience in a related trade environment.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interact with company personnel at all levels.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Excellent time/project management and organizational skills with specific attention to detail.
• Working knowledge of various computer programs/packages.
• Ability to supervise/manage staff.
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
• Ability to differentiate between colors.
• Ability to access and enter information using an automated system.
• Ability to perform math calculations for budgeting purposes.