The Duke Club at James Madison University (JMU) is accepting applications for the Director of the Annual Fund. The Duke Club is the fundraising vehicle for JMU Athletics, raising contributions in support of student-athlete scholarships, the general operating budget and capital improvements. The Director of the Annual Fund will report to the Assistant AD of Development and be responsible for managing the strategic planning, organization and oversight of the Duke Club Annual Fund. The ideal candidate will be a motivated individual looking for an opportunity to excel in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should be extremely driven and have passion for raising funds while working with various constituents.
The Director of the Annual Fund will design a creative annual fund strategic plan focused on increasing the overall membership and contributions raised by the Duke Club Annual Fund through targeted communications, solicitations and stewardship. In addition, the Director of the Annual Fund will oversee all day-to-day operations of the Duke Club Annual Fund, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of Duke Club communications including collateral materials, direct mail, email, calling programs, social media and website
- Create a segmented solicitation plan for donors, non-donors, lapsed donors, season ticket holders, Letter winners and former student-athletes, parents, students, and faculty/staff
- Manage all annual fund reporting (contributions and membership) and provide reports on a regular basis
- Oversee donor gift processing and gift tracking
- Manage all content for the Duke Club website and online auctions
- Oversee the priority points system and delivery of membership benefits
- Oversee the DC25 program for young alums and current students
- Manage a local portfolio of current and prospective Duke Club members
- Provide leadership and supervision of Duke Club office manager, part-time staff, graduate assistant and student interns
- Provide great customer service and donor relations at all football and basketball games and Duke Club events
- Serve as a liaison with Athletics Ticket Office, Communications and Marketing, as well as, University Advancement and Alumni Association
- Previous experience in higher education athletic fundraising
- Experience working with annual fund solicitation and donor benefits program
- Familiarity with annual fundraising/giving best practices and experience with implementation of annual giving campaigns
- Proficiency with donor management and ticketing software
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings/weekends, along with the ability to travel
- Strong verbal, written communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate to diverse constituencies
To apply go to JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number F1042. Salary is commensurate with experience. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.