Union Level: Department: President Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301153P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours, M-F. Additional time may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Position End Date: Open Date: 09/13/2017 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: To develop and manage web sites within the Office of Enrollment Management (Admission, Graduate Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, International Programs and Services, Enrollment Marketing, Summer Session and Enrollment Management Project Management) that are effective tools for communicating with key external and internal audiences and attracting prospective students to the University.
Essential Functions: 1. Plays a central role in helping Office of Enrollment Management units (Admission, Graduate Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, International Programs and Services, Enrollment Marketing, Summer Session and Enrollment Management Project Management) apply web strategies in support of the Universitys goals.
2. Develops, tests, implements, deploys and maintains Enrollment web sites and web applications in our Content Management System (CMS).
3. Helps to assure that Office of Enrollment Management units web content is relevant, timely, and accurate and that the sites support the Universitys brand identity program.
4. Work as a member of a project team developing internal and external facing web sites within our Salesforce CRM apex and Visualforce to either add new functionality and enhancing existing functionality.
5. Supports the Enrollment Management Office in providing leadership for the Enrollment Units Constituents Relationship Management systems (CRM).
6. Provides training and support services for enrollment staff members also involved in producing or maintaining their units web presence.
7. Serves as an expert resource for the development of related policies and procedures to best serve prospective and current students through applications available on Enrollments web sites.
8. Works collaboratively across the University with personnel involved in producing the Universitys web presence, including information technology staff, web developers and maintainers, and vendors.
9. Stays up to date with web-related trends, new technologies and best practices, generally as well as in relation to higher education.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Three plus (3+) years experience in web site and web application development.
Preferred Qualifications: Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
Demonstrated understanding of current web technologies and best practices for higher education web sites.
Superior project management skills, including ability to effectively set priorities and manage multiple tasks.
Ability to define customer needs, develop and document projects.
Experience training non-technical audiences on IT-related concepts, processes and methods.
Ability to interact successfully with people from diverse backgrounds.
Understanding of university / non-profit cultures.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to express complex concepts clearly and effectively.
Familiarity with the fundamentals of graphic and web design including responsive/adaptive displaying of information.
Strong attention to detail.
Commitment to the highest standards of customer service, ethics and professionalism.
Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
Fluency in the following web/graphic design software and applications such as Adobe Dreamweaver, Photoshop or equivalent.
Ability to work in a variety of web-server environments/frameworks such as: IIS 7.0/Ingeniux CMS, and Apache/Drupal, Salesforce/force.com.
Ability to write in query language (SQL, t-SQL, PL/SQL or SOQL) and work with relational databases such as: MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Salesforce.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. Work performed during standard business hours, M-F. Additional time may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Occasional driving may be necessary. Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, and training.
Hiring Range: Min $21.42 per hour to Mid $29.13 per hour, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni Sc...hool of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu