* Position is represented by a Bargaining Unit: AFSCME Clerical. Dues or Fair Share deductions will be made.
* Hourly Salary Range: $15.23 - $21.81 (DOQ)
* Position is Part-time, 30 hours/week.
This position is located within the Department of Speech-Language Hearing Sciences and the Julia M. Davis Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic. The employee is the first point of contact for students, staff, faculty and clinic clients providing both academic and clinical support.
Reception, Academic/Clinical Scheduling, Academic Support, Office & Building Coordination, and Communication
Julia M Davis Speech Hearing Clinic & Academic Program Administrative Support (85%)
Providing reception and to JMDSHC clients, SLHS students and staff; triaging requests in a manner that supports excellence in customer service. To include: answering phone lines, taking accurate messages, referring callers to the proper source. Greeting, directing, and providing information to students, clients, and visitors.
2. Academic/Clinical Scheduling
Scheduling of Audiology and Speech Therapy appointments. Enter client payment and visit information, receive and track clinic payments via Point and Click software. Maintain referral list of speech and audiology therapy inquires. Communicate with clinicians and provide accurate information to prospective clients. Coordinate client recall process.
Scheduling and management of parking calendar to include triaging of requests, ensuring active resolution of any problems.
Process space requests within ASTRA for departmental spaces within Shevlin Hall.
Project coordination of final exam scheduling each semester.
Academic and Other departmental room scheduling:
Entry of department course schedules and room assignment into Peoplesoft with oversight from Curriculum Specialist/Department Administrator
3. Academic support to include:
Project Coordination of SRT's, syllabi, and textbook ordering each semester. Issue permission numbers for student registration. Respond to registration questions and concerns from students, route appropriately. Assist in maintaining and managing major student lists and files.
Accreditation support to include tracking of all of the above to include course verifications at the end of each semester.
Manage volunteer documentation process, UCARD after hours access spreadsheet.
File maintenance and electronic storage of all files to include graduate, personnel and clinical.
Maintain website updates and weekly e-newsletter communication through direction of department administrator.
Website Maintenance- ensure pages are updated and maintained.
Prepare and maintain all department directories.
Maintain bulletin boards throughout the building.
Monitor departmental email account; responds to inquiries; manage departmental address lists and listservs.
Assist with External Relations- prepare donated funds report and letters for Faculty Chair. Help maintain a list of alumni and friends of SLHS.
5. Office and Building Coordination: (15%)
Monitor copier and other office equipment; maintain inventory order supplies, phone for repairs.
Maintenance of key distribution, maintaining inventory and after hour access.
Ordering of supplies
Handle incoming and outgoing mail, deliveries and courier services.
Ensure facilities management requests are triaged and tracked for resolution.
Perform faxing, copying, scanning, and departmental errands.
Assist with event coordination to include graduate events, clinical events, and other departmental events.
Ensuring front and back office are kept in a clean, organized manner. Clinic reception and toy area are kept straightened and toys are cleaned weekly.
Other academic or department support as assigned -The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Must be able to occasionally lift and move up to 25 lbs
Must be able to work long periods at a computer terminal.
- High School Diploma or GED and two years of related office experience.
- Related training/education may be substituted for up to one year of experience.
- Demonstrated experience working in a busy, sometimes hectic customer service related position which includes financial transactions and handling multiple priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and demonstrated ability and experience to adapt to multiple software programs.
- Demonstrated work experience within a clinic or higher education setting.
- Demonstrated experience working with a student population.
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse population including clients with disabilities.
- Demonstrated calendar/scheduling experience.
- Proven ability to maintain confidential information and comply with HIPAA and FERPA regulations.
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team environment. Strong attention to detail while working with multiple interruptions.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience within financial processes or direct experience with UM PeopleSoft Financials/EFS.
The University of Minnesota, founded in the belief that all people are enriched by understanding, is dedicated to the advancement of learning and the search for truth; to the sharing of this knowledge through education for a diverse community; and to the application of this knowledge to benefit the people of the state, the nation, and the world.