The Facilities Assistant will fill-in for and support the full time facilities staff in areas including but not limited to: kitchen assistance, meeting set-up and tear downs, light changing and light maintenance.
This Non-exempt Level position will report to the Administrator in the Division of Finance & Facilities.
• Assist in kitchen clean-up and set-up. • Assist with maintenance at the Murphy including lights and trash deliveries for headquarters. • Assist with maintenance of headquarters building including replacing light bulbs, minor repairs, painting, meeting set-up, room clean-up, and kitchen assistance. • Provides back up and overflow assistance to facilities staff. • Represents the company by maintaining a professional manner and appearance at all times. • Other duties as assigned.
• A high school education or equivalent is required.
• Minimum of six months’ experience working in a similar position.
• Must be flexible, willing to work additional hours as needed to cover alternate shifts.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
• Capable of providing excellent customer service.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Internet skills.
• Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast paced environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, moderate reaching bending and stooping. May require the ability to sit, stand, and walk around for extended periods of time.
Other Necessary Requirements: Regular weekday business hours with moderate evening or weekend duties required.
The American College of Surgeons is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 202-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Make a difference in the lives of others.
Work for our premier organization dedicated to improving care for surgical patients.
The American College of Surgeons is a professional and educational association dedicated to improving the quality of care for surgical patients. Our members set high standards for surgical education and safeguard standards of care in an optimal and ethical practice en...vironment. The College has more than 80,000 members and is the largest organization of surgeons in the world. We invite talented, enthusiastic professionals to join our team.