Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.
* The Security Analyst will participate in and lead activities related to strategic planning within OCSO, which includes preparing management tools that report on the status of major initiatives across functions (e.g., quarterly and annual reports), coordination of meetings with Directors, and presentation of status updates for the CSO.
* In addition to strategic planning, and development work, the Security Analyst oversees records management for OCSO records, including working with agency stakeholders on clear records policies and coordinating the collection, review, and release of records for Public Records Access requests. This work also includes supervising a staff member that is responsible for the proper boxing, storing, and destruction of records.
Additional Responsibilities * Respond to ad hoc requests for information, including requests from internal and external departments and units.
* Conduct research on security and police policies and procedures, prepare reports / presentations, and conduct briefings.
* Liaison between CSO and PAPD on projects, and special requests.
* Coordinate and conduct meetings with various levels of PA leadership.
* As needed, the position will also assist the team with performance reporting and data analysis.
* Bachelor degree in criminal justice, security or emergency management, communication, public policy, or related field. * A minimum of two years of full-time work experience in Security management is required. Ideal candidates will present the following profile: * A graduate degree in one of the Above fields, or a law degree * Experience with strategic planning, performance analysis (or development), workflow and process assessments, or project management; * Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to be persuasive with staff at all levels; * Demonstrated strong management skills with the ability to establish and execute plans, set priorities, coordinate activities, delegate tasks, manage time, and multi-task; * Excellent oral and presentation skills as well as exceptional writing skills; * Demonstrated ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders and audiences, ranging from boots on the ground to executive management. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.