Business Analyst Constituent Relationship Management
Union Level: Department: President Campus: Stockton Posting Number: 201301147P Full or Part Time: Full Time Number of Months: 12 Work Schedule: Work performed during standard business hours, may require additional time based on business needs or deadlines. Position End Date: Open Date: 09/05/2017 Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Special Instructions:
Primary Purpose: Position is responsible for the Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) system for student recruitment and retention, facilitating communications, managing relations and marketing to customers. To develop and manage web sites within the Office of Enrollment Management (Admission, Graduate Admissions, Registrar, Financial Aid, International Programs and Services, Enrollment Marketing, Summer Session and Enrollment Management Project Management) that are effective tools for communicating with key external and internal audiences and attracting prospective students to the University.
Essential Functions: 1. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve current business processes. Works with end-users to identify, recommend and implement solutions surrounding the recruitment and retention for the CRM system. Provides business process analysis and evaluation for re-engineering of enrollment processes to support CRM optimization.
2. Collaborates on the translation of strategic policy and plans into configuration within the CRM system; evaluates and recommends process improvements pertaining to the recruitment and retention CRM application; identifies requirements and addresses business process issues; tests and implements system changes.
3. Coordinates functional support of the CRM system with university and divisional directors, functional analysts and Institutional Research Office to establish analytical data operations. Serves as a liaison with Information Technology staff in developing system requirements and testing implementation.
4. Applies understanding of enrollment divisional business operations and information requirements to evaluate, design, and validate data, and test new recruitment and retention CRM services.
5. Creates and modifies segmentation and communication tracks that change with the needs of the various enrollment departments; designs requirements for data feeds to update data warehouse.
6. Leads division in creating analytical reports to support CRM goals and objectives for enrollment. Produces reports with analysis comparing historical and operational measurements for planning, analytics and forecasting. Provides support to enrollment divisional directors and IT partners to improve analytics, ad-hoc reports, operational reporting and report access.
7. Provides continuous review of functionality in the CRM to improve the business processes and workflows in various enrollment departments; creates and modifies reports, analytics and key performance indicators (KPIs) based on requirements and goals of the enrollment division. Develops and maintains business process maps and user documentation of the CRM.
8. Evaluates CRM system goal achievements and makes recommendations to improve services to students and support administrative decision making.
9. Ensures data integrity for CRM data produced in the enrollment division.
10. Analyzes functional processes and designs solutions for custom CRM screens, workflows, web forms, and reports for end users; evaluates requirements to expand or modify CRM system to serve new purposes or improve work flow; develops, documents and revises business process procedures, tests procedures and enforces data quality standards.
11. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Qualifications: Five (5) years experience providing support with systems and business process analysis.
Experience with Salesforce CRM or similar CRM, Ellucian Banner ERP, and enrollment management highly desired.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
Demonstrated knowledge in business process analysis, designing specifications, report writing, workflow tools, relational databases, word processing and statistical analysis tools.
Ability to work productively in highly collaborative environments that maximize autonomy and decision-making.
Demonstrated knowledge of enrollment management practices and proven ability to identify and affect change.
Demonstrated skill in project management and business process analysis.
Ability to carry out project support /administrative functions; establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communication for understanding or instruction.
Ability to interact positively and effectively with on- and off-campus partners, provides support, and adapt to changing priorities.
Strong work ethic and team player.
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to persuade, encourage and motivate team members and co-workers. Demonstrated customer service skills.
Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Work requires extended periods of sitting and computer work with repetitive use of hands and wrist. Requires ability to frequently review computer screens and paper reports visually. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Work performed during standard business hours, may require additional time based on business needs or deadlines. Light travel expected.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check
AA/EEO Policy Statement: University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni Sc...hool of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented. Explore University of the Pacific www.pacific.edu