POSITION PURPOSE: Two to three sentences describing the overall purpose of the position.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Decision Support and Budget, performs complex financial analyses and pro-formas to support decision making. Also supports the annual budget preparation process and performs various other financial functions as directed. Demonstrates critical thinking and the ability to work independently, producing accurate and timely work. Demonstrates advanced computer skills with databases, Excel, and in working with decision support systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Maximum of ten functions in order of percentage of time spent on functions from longest to shortest; do not list anything that does not represent at least 10% of the jobâ™s time. Please include supervisory responsibilities.
1. Prepares accurate and timely complex financial analyses and pro-formas to support decision making as requested. Demonstrates industry and hospital operational knowledge, and collaborates with management as appropriate, to develop appropriate assumptions and considerations in order to develop the most appropriate and accurate analyses and pro-formas as possible.
2. Trained as a superuser on the decision support software systems, including but not limited to cost accounting, budget, and capital modules. Assists in evaluating and implementing new decision support systems, and implementing and testing upgrades thereto.
3. Takes the initiative to prepare and analyze data to identify potential opportunities for operational and financial improvements. Effectively presents data to management and assists in implementing improvements as appropriate.
4. Develops, analyzes, and executes operational budget. Manages the organization's budget, prepares all documentation and conducts training sessions for managers and directors regarding new budget procedures. Analyzes and reviews manager and directorâ™s submissions of the operational and financial proposals to assure they are complete, and accurate.
5. Works with managers to develop and maintain a centralized decision support and data management process for the organization. Helps define the source of truth of data to ensure consistency and integrity of data used.
6. Role models the principles of a Just Culture.
7. Perform other duties as assigned. Must by HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Five years performing financial analysis and budgeting within a complex health care organization.
Certified Public Account (CPA) or other financial certification preferred.
Computer / Typing:
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Advanced knowledge and skills with databases, Excel, and in working with decision support systems.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
Candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelorâ™s Degree with a degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, or a related field of study.