The Occupational Therapist functions as a member on a student's educational team to provide comprehensive assessment and treatment of impaired fine motor skills, gross motor skills, visual motor integration, sensory processing skills, self-care and other activities of daily living in pre-school and school age children that limit a child's ability to access their school and participate with their peers. The candidate must possess a working knowledge of assessment and treatment practices, evidence based research, recommended best practices, adaptations for access to the school environment, and expected roles and responsibilities of an Occupational Therapist within a school environment. We are currently looking for part time to full time contractors. Our office is based out of Ashland, VA, but we have contracts throughout the state of Virginia.
1. A Masters or Doctorate degree in Occupational Therapy
2. A valid Occupational Therapy license issued by Virginia Department of Health Professions
Additional Salary Information: Hourly rate varies depending on your level of experience.
We are a company led by educators providing high quality, cost effective services to low incidence populations within the public school setting. We work in partnership with local special education directors to ensure that the students we serve receive appropriate, affective high-quality educational services. All members of our administrative team come from special education backgrounds and are com...mitted to seeing that all students succeed.
Occupational Therapist's role in the schools are as follows:
1. Part of the special education team
2. Helps to identify barriers to participation in and benefit from educational setting
3. Helps to make a better “match” between the student’s skills and the demands of the school setting
4. May use consultation to staff & family and/or direct work with the student