Interprets contracts and coverage for all inquiries for customers and service contractors. Negotiates pricing with contractors when applicable. Informs customers of non-covered claims when applicable. Provides any necessary follow-up to resolve claims. Communicates effectively, utilizing all departments and resources. Answers all authorization customer inquires regarding HVAC systems as well as other system and appliance customer inquiries.
1. Responsible for collecting contractor diagnosis, in order to determine the authorization of repair or replacement of covered systems or appliances based on contract parameters.
2. Negotiates pricing with contractors. Informs customers of non-covered claims when applicable.
3. Take inbound calls utilizing problem solving skills to respond to and resolve routine customer service issues and written correspondence and/or electronic communication according to all company policies, standard operating procedures and contract coverage.
4. Follows up with internal and external customers, contractors, and/or business partners to ensure customer service issues are resolved.
5. Handles HVAC, appliances, electrical, and pool/spa authorization customer inquiries as well as other system customer inquiries.
6. Maintains current knowledge of all company policies, procedures, & programs.
1. Knowledge of contract/warranty coverage, including systems and appliances
2. Customer service and conflict resolution
3. Critical thinking and problem resolution
4. Attention to detail
5. Ability to multi-task
6. Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
7. Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
Education and Experience Requirements
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required 2 to 3 years of Customer service experience and/or training preferred Ability to learn general service skills. Technical, HVAC, Maintenance, Finance, Insurance, Appliance Knowledge, and Call Center experience and knowledge is all a plus but not required.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment. Incumbent is required to have:
Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm's reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading. Incumbent will be subject to:
Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – of Minorities/Females/Veterans/ Individuals with Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
At Terminix®, our people bring tremendous pride and integrity to everything we do. In turn, we provide a working environment where these skilled professionals can achieve true satisfaction in their own lives.
We are proud to offer our exceptional associates competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and outstanding opportunities for professional development. If you're committed to providi...ng the highest level of customer service, we have an ideal opportunity for you. In this position, you will apply company product to customers’ structures according to schedule and as needed based on service requests.
At Terminix, people come for a job and stay for a career. As a Terminix associate, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and benefits as well as the opportunity for the professional growth and respect that comes from working for an industry leader. Qualified candidates must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED). We perform criminal background checks, motor vehicle record checks and drug screening.