We are currently looking for a Psychologist to work in our Santa Maria office 25 hours weekly. Must possess PhD or PsyD and be license eligible. Spanish/English Bilingual candidates preferred.
This position evaluates individuals we serve and potential individuals, makes recommendations on service eligibility, appropriate services, counsels with individuals and families. Arranges and reviews diagnostic evaluations from other sources, recruits and maintains those sources. Consults with and trains staff on service issues. Liaison to County Mental Health, Safety Alert, and other agencies, as assigned.
Primary Functions :
1. Collects, organizes and analyzes information through records, interviews, tests and professional sources to diagnose mental, emotional, behavioral and/or educational difficulties and disabilities and to develop intervention programs. Reviews and summarizes reports, administers tests, interviews individuals, families and providers. Makes written diagnoses and treatment recommendations. Consults with individuals and families on service issues.
2. Participates in multidisciplinary staffing, consults with regional center staff on individual and program issues, provides training and information to staff, individuals and families, service providers and community members. May represent the center staff in fair hearings and dealings with other agencies.
3. Monitors referrals to psychological service providers and monitors quality of services provided. May recruit and support vendored psychologists, behaviorists and related service providers.
4. Prepares statistical and other required reports.
5. Serve as the clinical consultant between TCRC and the County Mental Health Dept. in his/her area.
6. Serve as clinical liaison to Safety Alert Crisis Service for the TCRC individuals in his/her designated office area(s) that use that service, especially the users above 3 hours/month and/or those who require Police, Hospital, or Inpatient coordinated by Safety Alert.
7. Monitor and troubleshoot the Intake Process in his/her office to ensure that intakes for 3 year olds and older are done within the Lanterman Act timeline of 142 days, as tracked by DDS in the Performance Contract. This does not include supervision of staff.
8. Additional duties may be added.
This part-time position is eligible for all employee benefits; employer paid premiums are prorated based on part-time hours.
TCRC offers a fast-paced, rewarding work environment, tremendous opportunity for personal and professional growth, and great benefits, including:
Excellent medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and their dependents
CalPERS Pension program
12 paid company holidays, 2-5 weeks of vacation, along with paid sick, bereavement, and jury duty leave
Company paid long-term disability insurance
Company paid group-term life insurance, with optional employee buy-up program
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employee Referral Bonus program
Flexible work schedules
Please see the Employee Benefits section of our website at www.tri-counties.org for more information
? Knowledge of developmental disabilities, mental illnesses, assessment, treatment options and related state laws and regulations
? Testing, oral and written communication, and work effectively with diverse groups
PhD or PsyD in a related field from an accredited university with license (for Psychologist II position), or license eligibility, from either the Board of Medical Examiners or Board of Behavioral Science Examiners of the State of California, AND
A minimum of two years of professional experience providing testing, diagnostic evaluation, service recommendation, and consultation to people with developmental disabilities, physical disabilities or emotional disturbances (and/or their families and service providers). At least one of these years must have been provided to persons with developmental disabilities.
A valid CA Drivers’ License and transportation, or acceptable substitute is required for this position.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly desired
Classification: Part-time 25 hours weekly , Bargaining Unit, non-exempt, hourly
Psychologist I - $34.31 - $37.84 hourly
Psychologist II (Licensed) - $37.75 - $41.63 hourly
+$95.00 biweekly bilingual stipend if qualified (must read/write/speak Spanish and English fluently)
Please send your cover letter and CV/resume.
Please specify in your cover letter or resume:
1) If you are planning on relocating, or commuting from outside the area, please tell us about your relocation/commute plans.
2) Your license or licensing plans
3) Your experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
Additional Salary Information: +$95 biweekly bilingual stipend if qualified.
Tri-Counties Regional Center exists to provide supports and services for children and adults with developmental disabilities living in San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties so that they may live fully and safely as active and independent members of our community. TCRC operates from six locations in Atascadero, San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, Santa Barbara, Oxnard and Simi Valley. With ...over 280 employees from many walks of life, we offer a diverse workforce and fulfilling work environment. Person centered practice is a keystone of our culture, and we embrace a culture of shared learning and continuous improvement through high quality learning opportunities.Please see our website at www.tri-counties.org for more information about who we are and what we do.