Horizon Behavioral Health has been the premier behavioral healthcare provider in Central Virginia for more than 46 years. In the last year, Horizon provided clinical services to more than 15,000 adults, children and families addressing problems with mental health, substance use and intellectual disabilities. Horizon has been voted Best of 2016 Reader's Choice for Best Counseling Service in Lynchburg Living Magazine!
This is a professional position, which under the supervision of the State Task Lead Coordinator, will provide guidance to the Regional Family Lead. The position will provide successful leadership, direction, and evaluation of the Systems of Care Expansion Center in one of five DBHDS regions in the state ensuring the continued enhancement of innovative and collaborative services that best meet the needs of the system stakeholders to implement High Fidelity Wraparound and Systems of Care expansion in the specified region. Some local travel will be required.
Regional Task Lead Education and Experience Requirements:
• Masters Degree in social work or related discipline with a minimum of two years management/administrative experience or Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience.
Regional Task Lead Job Responsibilities:
• Oversee and monitor the development and implementation of the Systems of Care program. • Engage in positive, responsive, and effective professional relationships with staff, localities, and community leaders. • Create and administer an effective program structure designed to best meet the needs of families and localities; monitor and ensure the effectiveness and success clinical service delivery and evidenced based practices, management and cost effectiveness; initiate and implement necessary process improvements to better serve stakeholders. • Market Systems of Care program by developing outreach and advocacy strategies that educate the community, families and localities about the services of the program. • Chair, facilitate and/or attend Steering Committee, Agency, and/or relevant external networking and community group meetings. • Provide direction, oversight, and evaluation of localities request for innovative implantation ideas of High Fidelity Wraparound. • Responsible for the oversight of program budget, provide sound fiscal management by implementing a system to approve, allocate and spend budgeted requested expenditures. • Responsible for the oversight Federal reporting requirements; ensure proper collection of data and reporting program outcomes are complete accurately and timely. • Continually monitor and evaluate implementation of programs and data, and develop short and long-term plans to address better implementation; provide project evaluation to stakeholders with outcomes. Engage in positive, responsive, and effective performance management practices with staff, and/or interns. Direct the performance management of all staff to ensure timely supervision, evaluations and employee development.
Regional Task Lead Knowledge, Skills, & Personal Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to build strong positive and responsive relationships, engage and resolve conflict, cultural and linguistic competence and provide excellent customer service. • Ability to engage individuals, families, youth and fellow employees. • A commitment to empowering others to solve their own problems. • Valuing and nurturing family as the ideal environment for a person. • A belief that all people have an ability to grow and change. • The ability to set limits and intervene appropriately meeting the needs of families served. • Role model appropriate professional behavior.
Horizon Behavioral Health provides our salaried employees with a generous benefit package that includes the Virginia Retirement System; life, medical, dental, and vision insurance; vacation, sick leave and holidays, in addition to educational leave.
Horizon Behavioral Health has been the premier behavioral healthcare provider in Central Virginia for more than 46 years. In the last year, Horizon provided clinical services to more than 15,000 adults, children and families addressing problems with mental health, substance use and intellectual disabilities. Horizon has been voted Best of 2016 Reader's Choice for Best Counseling Service in Lynchbu...rg Living Magazine!
With Horizon’s new EHR and realigned portfolio of services, we are ready to move behavioral healthcare to the next level.
We are actively recruiting enthusiastic licensed and/or license eligible clinicians to provide the following services for our community:
• voluntary/involuntary assessments
• independent evaluations
• crisis plans
• initial service track for priority populations
• emergency case management services to individuals admitted under temporary detention orders or rapid stabilization
Access, Intake, and Admission to other services
• behavioral health and substance abuse assessments for individuals seeking services
• eligibility screenings for individuals requesting services
• crisis assessment and intervention services
Intensive Community Services
• working with children, adolescents, and their families within the therapeutic milieu, community, home, and school settings
• performs assessments, routine evaluations and individual and/or family therapy sessions which will include maintaining a case load of therapy/counseling cases;
• may provide crisis stabilization and crisis intervention if needed
• positions offer a flexible work schedule
Minimum requirements for all the positions above:
• Master's degree in an applicable human services field acceptable to the Virginia licensing board’s standards --- ability to be “Licensed Eligible” in counseling (LPC) or social work (LCSW)
• One year of experience providing counseling services in a clinical setting
• A valid driver’s license is required. An additional stipend may be available for qualified persons participating in on-call services.
To apply to be considered for these positions please visit: HorizonBH.org/Careers
Or for more information, please contact: