FoodCorps believes every school should be a healthy school and every child – regardless of race, placeor class – deserves to be well nourished and ready to learn. In underserved communities across thecountry, our AmeriCorps leaders teach students about healthy food through hands-on lessons, partnerwith farmers and food service workers to create nutritious and delicious school meals, and collaboratewith communities to insure a long-term culture of health. Building on this foundation of direct impact,FoodCorps pursues systemic strategies that will benefit all of our nation’s 100,000 schools.
FoodCorps seeks a proven major gift fundraiser and exceptional strategist to build our Californiaportfolio, with strong focus in the Bay Area. This individual has a demonstrated track record of solicitingand closing five and six-figure gifts, preferably in the context of a capital or growth campaign, and iscomfortable with and energized by building relationships with high-net-worth individuals and localfoundations. Reporting directly to the California Director of Philanthropic Investments and working inclose collaboration with the New York-based national External Affairs team, this position will strengthen
and grow FoodCorps’ revenue and donor base in California and deepen financial partners’ relationships
with FoodCorps. H/she will launch and maintain a robust and active portfolio, with ambitious financialand relational goals.This is a full-time position, located within FoodCorps’ Oakland, CA office. Moderate travel required
Who You Are:
You are passionate about FoodCorps’ mission and eager to build strategic relationships within Californiain order to share our story to a broad range of stakeholders. You are highly motivated, have strongorganizational and management skills, thrive on building meaningful internal and external relationships,have impeccable judgement and are comfortable juggling multiple projects and tight deadlines. You arecomfortable working in a fast-growing, high-paced work environment. You are diplomatic, have highethical standards, and understand the nuances of donor privacy and confidentiality. You have acommitment to diversity and inclusion with a desire to work for health equity and social and racial justice.
- Work closely with the CA Director of Philanthropic Investments to build relationships, develop cultivation and solicitation strategies and grow major donor base in California;
- In coordination with prospect researcher and the CA Director of Philanthropic Investments, identify and develop strategies for acquiring and building pipeline of new major gift prospects;
- With an emphasis on individuals capable of making five and six-figure gifts, maintain an active portfolio of 75+ prospective and current individual and foundation funders;
- Build and execute strategies for catalytic support in the context of FoodCorps’ 2020 growth plan and capital campaign.
- Partner with CA Director of Philanthropic Investments to drive revenue growth in support of FoodCorps’ mission and strategic plan;
- Design and execute strategic donor engagement opportunities, including site visits and cultivation events that foster philanthropic investment from our partners;
- Work in mutually beneficial collaboration with the New York-based national External Affairs team to bring California-based donor relationships to bear on nationwide fundraising goals;
- Participate in team strategy meetings and follow organization-wide practices for tracking relationships, measuring performance and stewarding donors.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees as required by law.Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.