This is an exciting time of growth and innovation at Perkins School for the Blind, and we are building a development team to scale up our fundraising efforts. Perkins is launching major new initiatives in the US and globally to ensure access to education for children who are blind or visually impaired.
The Foundations Officer/Grant Writer will play a key role in securing foundation, corporate, and public sector grants to support organizational priorities. Under the direction of the Director of Institutional Giving, the Foundations Officer/Grant Writer is responsible for managing a portfolio of donors, securing proposal invitations, and writing compelling proposals and reports.
· Write and edit persuasive proposals, inquiry letters, reports, and supporting documents aimed at institutional audiences.
· Cultivate and solicit an assigned portfolio of institutional donors, assuming primary responsibility for stewardship and retention.
· Secure proposal invitations from current donors and new prospects in support of Perkins’ strategic priorities.
· Plan and implement site visits, donor calls, and other cultivation activities.
· Maintain best practices in donor record keeping, acknowledgment, and stewardship.
· Meet annual targets for donor and prospect visits, solicitations, and revenue.
· Bachelor’s degree
· At least 4 years of development or related experience required
· Proven writing and communication skills
Benefits: We provide a complete benefits package which includes tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, LTD and Life insurance, retirement programs and staff development and training.
Perkins School for the Blind, located near Boston, was the first school for the blind chartered in the United States in 1829. Perkins School for the Blind is a national and international leader in blindness education, continually innovating to expand what is possible for children who are blind and visually impaired. We improve educational opportunities for some of the most vulnerable children in the world, empower teachers across the United States, and set the standard for educational services so that students who are blind, visually impaired or deafblind reach their maximum potential.
Perkins School for the Blind embraces diversity in ability, thought, culture and belief. We provide equal education and employment opportunities and value the unique talents and contributions of all of our students and staff.
Perkins seeks to enhance its community of intellectually, culturally, and socially diverse individuals to enrich the educational experience of our students. Applicants from a multicultural background, are bilingual, and/or who have relevant life experience are encouraged to apply.
Come join a team with a mission and make a positive difference in the life of a child! For over 180 years, Perkins School for the Blind has provided quality educational and residential services to multi-impaired students who are blind, visually impaired or deafblind, empowering them to reach their maximum potential. Perkins School for the Blind embraces diversity in ability, thought, culture and b...elief. We provide equal education and employment opportunities and value the unique talents and contributions of all of our students and staff.