Standard Chartered Risk & Compliance plays a pivotal role in ensuring the safe and sustainable performance and growth of the Group. As we evolve to become a stronger second line of defence, we need to enhance our existing approach to ensure the Bank looks at risk more holistically so that we have the appropriate governance, oversight and information in place to run a safe, secure and well controlled Bank.
The incumbent will be located in Singapore, reporting to the Associate Director of Trade Surveillance Analytics and Scripting, as a Surveillance Analytics and Scripting Associate. Primary responsibility is to develop and improve the analytics capabilities within the department for the purpose of monitoring market abuse. In addition, the incumbent will take part in projects under taken by Trade Surveillance, with particular focus on developing end user scripts / applications to making surveillance undertaking more efficient.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Use of analytics to better enhance scenario alerts generation through feedback and collaboration with the various teams, including but not limited to quantitative methods such as statistical, numerical analysis of data, or computational techniques.
* Managing modifications on scenario scripts by working closely with Parameterisation and Calibration sub-team. This is not limited to parameters that are permanently required for the scenario to be brought into script level instead of UI level. * As part of the Surveillance Enhancement Programme, participate in Technology's initiative to replace the Bank's existing set of trade surveillance technology systems with a new platform which is flexible enough to support increasing regulatory expectations around monitoring, over the next 5+ years. * Participates in the implementation of new surveillance systems / on-boarding of new systems, in partnership with the Compliance Information Technology & Operations ("ITO"). System implementation should be executed in a structured, consistent and rigorous manner. * On-going maintenance of the Reference Data EUC to ensure that reference data is properly maintained and new systems / ECNs reference data on-boarded until the strategic solution is in place. * Proactive identification of risks and concerns, including escalation to all relevant stakeholders. * Timely mitigation of risks and resolution of issues including collaboration with all relevant stakeholder functions, and establishment of effective controls. * Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies and the Group Code of Conduct.
Key Stakeholders * Other functions within the wider Compliance function. * Business/ Front Office. * Technology partners. * Operational Risk, Functions. * Compliance Process and Risk Controls. * Group / Regional Internal Audit.
Qualifications and Skills
* A good Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Statistics-related majors. * Strong coding and scripting skills preferably with working knowledge of Q, R, Java, C#, Qlikview. * Knowledge of quantitative and data analytics techniques. * Hands on experience in data analysis as a daily function. * Experience in developing or working with at least 3 trading systems. * Exposure in project development, implementation, operational risk and governance. * Sound knowledge of Financial Market products, trade booking structure and end to end trade life cycle. * Confidence and ability to engage people of varied functions, such as, business, compliance, technology. * Strong verbal and written communication skills. * Minimum 3-6 years experience in related or similar capacity.
Personal Attributes: * A team player comfortable in engaging individuals at all levels within the organisation. * Ability to keep different streams of work organised and prioritised. * Ability to make tough decisions, willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges. * Motivator and willingness to share knowledge amongst the team. * Ability to deliver a high quality of work, multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines. * Strong collaboration skills, especially with other operational risk colleagues and technology partners. * Ability to comprehend and learn quickly.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information) - We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.