Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Job title: AIS Hedge SME, Officer/Srn Associate
Reports to: Hedge Unit Head Hangzhou – Xu Ran(Susan)
Location: Hangzhou, China
This is a SME role within the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) business unit of the State Street Global Services division. This role supposed to be very hands-on focused on operational efficiencies and effectiveness while supporting and facilitating migrations related to right shoring strategy.
Communication and stakeholder contact
Provide support for and effectively communicate both home site and local managers and teams
Manage relationships with internal clients (other State Street offices outsourcing to Hangzhou) at appropriate levels to ensure continued confidence in the Hangzhou office. This will include late night and early morning conference calls across all time zones.
Responsible for key operational metrics, SLAs, KPIs
Become familiar with our global product offering
Maintain primary portfolio, accounting and taxation records for a variety of onshore and offshore hedge fund partnerships and corporations, trading in all types of investment securities and products
Familiar with end to end NAV processes and in-depth business knowledge on Hedge products and systems
Calculate monthly Net Asset Valuations for the purpose of reporting to investors and processing of investor subscription and withdrawal activity
Allocate gains and losses amongst investors and calculate and accrue management and performance fees payable to hedge fund managers
Prepare tax lot accounting reports and schedules and assist in preparation of annual financial statements and taxation returns
Prepare fund performance reports including annual summaries and weekly return estimates
Prepare ad hoc portfolio, performance and fee reports as requested by Home-sites
Maintain primary accounting records for hedge fund management companies
Training, People Development and knowledge management
Develop and monitor individual development plans for key people in the team.
Address the queries from the team and provide guidance and support from technical perspective, responsible for SOP set-up and review
Responsible for the direction and training of managers, succession plan
Improve and build training mechanism for hedge new starters, knowledge management and experience sharing
Support internal rotations and succession plans within the Unit.
Lead improvement and transformation projects collaborating with home sites and Hangzhou Hedge Unit Head, serve on committees and task force assignments.
Working with teams on productivity and efficiency improvement.
Keeps up-to-date with emerging business, economic, and market trends
- Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden his/her knowledge and demonstrates appropriate financial/analytical skills
Drive and Motivation
- Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve his/her own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks
Client and Business Focus
- Effectively handles difficult requests, builds trusting, long-term relationships with clients, helps the client to identify/define needs and manages client/business expectations
– Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams, encourages other team members to participate and contribute and acknowledges others' contributions
- Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others
Judgment and Problem solving
- Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
Candidates must have a college degree (business, economics, mathematics, finance and at least 4 years of accounting and/or financial service operations experience.