For more than two decades, Navitas has accelerated the internationalization of university campuses around the globe, providing international students greater opportunity and access to high-quality learning experiences. Our North American university partners include Simon Fraser University, University of Manitoba, University of Massachusetts Lowell, University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, University of Massachusetts Boston, University of New Hampshire, Florida Atlantic University, Richard Bland College, and University of Idaho.
Navitas is seeking to employ an Admissions Counselor to join our team at University of Mass in Dartmouth, Massachusetts.
TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to HR-NavitasNA@navitas.com. Reference job code 0817UMDACNAF in the subject line of your email.
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for the provision of high quality enrollment and admissions services for Navitas USA, working within the Business Unit. This includes the implementation of detailed admissions administration support, extensive accurate record keeping, maintaining high quality relationships with Business Unit (BU) and University staff, as well as staff residing in Navitas' global network of Source Country Offices (SCOs) and the central admissions team in order to ensure:
· Each stage of the application process is monitored against agreed University turnaround times
· Maintain and share across ARC network an accurate knowledge of University protocols and policy
· Applications are assessed accurately and offers are distributed in a timely manner
· Applications are handled in accordance with University related protocols
The Admissions Counselor is expected to work effectively within a Business Unit structure, in close collaboration with the Navitas SCOs and the larger Admission Recruitment and Conversion team (ARC).
Stakeholder Engagement • Update ARC and SCO staff regularly with any change in BU processes, entry criteria or expected processing times. • Establish, maintain and nurture excellent University connections and working relationships with core admissions staff, ISSC and Department coordinators. • Provide a customer focused quality evaluation and advisory service to prospective and current students, counselors and the public, generally on all aspects of the University’s admission requirements, policies, procedures and entry pathways. • Manage and assist with enquiries from staff focused on conversion.
Application Lifecycle • Process deferral requests. • Interact with all applicants in the performance of the above tasks. • Process transfers from another colleges in the USA. • Collect and track documents required by university for issuance of I20. Prepare and submit request of I20 issued by university ISSO department. • Prepare and submit of Acceptance Letter request, issued by University admission department. • Track turnaround time per stage of University review process to I-20, as per the Service Level Agreement (SLA) with University admissions and ISSC. Foresee potential delays in the pipeline and take necessary preventive action. • Use of external evaluation bodies and tools to assess applications accurately against theeducation system and a series of entry criteria. • Receive, register and process student applications to determine admission status. • Preparation and dispatch of offer letters. Proactively seek missing information if required from agent or Student directly. • Provide day to day coordination and management of the administrative processes and services required for the assessment of all international applications for admission for both undergraduate and graduate applications as well as any related programs. • Liaise with other University and external evaluation agencies/higher education institutions in USA and internationally to facilitate the development of admission procedures and recognition of non-standard qualifications. • Manage inquiries and processing correspondence in a timely and professional manner. • Provide accurate information and assistance to clients, employees and the general public. Systems, Process, and Reporting • Contribute, as necessary, to the aligning and streamlining of interaction between the BU and central admissions teams. • Assisting in the preparation of monthly reports on admissions issues and trends inclusive of recommendations. • Integrate analysis of conversion/arrivals/commencement/progression to inform future processing. • Contribute to the alignment of ARC admissions strategy with the BUs and SCOs. • Be aware of regulatory changes potentially impacting I-20 processing/ Visa success. • Report non-arrivals and cancellations to ISSC and internally through CRM. • Review, monitor and report to Director of Admissions rejection rate/ decisions per department from university. • Responsible for the day-to-day management of student records, liaising with the BU and SCO staff to ensure that records are kept up to date in all systems, utilizing the Navitas CRM System (Maze, SalesForce and Wiki). • Contribute to the most effective and efficient management of resources by maintaining appropriate manual and computerized records and databases, i.e. electronic filing system. • Update and maintain in an efficient manner, all office systems, and establish and monitor processes to ensure best practice response times to admissions applications. • Assist the Director of Admissions to plan, develop and review critical Admissions functions in consultation with other staff as required.
General • Other related duties as may be required by Director of Admissions, ARC Team Leaders, Assistant Marketing Director or Executive Director. o In consultation with Executive Directors and Director of Admissions (ARC): When appropriate participate in enrollment, orientation and retention activities to enhance student integration and experience when required. o Support other staff (BU/ central team) and administration to meet fluctuating workloads. • Support the conversion processes throughout the admissions cycle, by providing accurate information and assistance to clients, staff and the general public. • Through maintaining Navitas positive stakeholder engagement, contribute to the overall success of meeting recruitment and enrollment targets across all Navitas USA Bus per intake. • Participate, when appropriate, in promotional activities. • Resolve moderately complex issues on an ‘as needed’ basis.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited institution;
• Familiarity with University admissions policies and procedures pertaining to administration and admission of both undergraduate and graduate international students;
• Ability to work within existing guidelines, policies and procedures;
• Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining a professional manner;
• Work well within a team environment;
• Knowledge of CRM systems;
• Highly developed skills demonstrated in an environment of large volume work flows and critical deadlines;
• Strong verbal and written English language communication skills;
• Interact effectively and professionally with clients and staff at all levels and adjust communication style to meet varying needs;
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity towards students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds;
• Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
• Possess a "can do" mentality;
• Proactive work habits;
• Shine when under pressure;
• Ability to work well within a team environment;
• Demonstrated administrative/organizational skills, with ability to communicate verbally and in written form;
• Legal right to work in the USA.
Desirable Skills • Master’s Degree;
• Experience within international education;
• Knowledge and prior experience in international admissions. Particularly an understanding of international transcript evaluation;
• Front-line customer relationship management to multicultural client base;
• An effective knowledge of university and/or pathway admissions criteria and processes;
• Fluency in a second language;
• Flexible attitude to work including a willingness to work weekends and evenings in support of administrative activities if necessary.
What We Offer Navitas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, and are a values-driven employer.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks, which may include a Criminal Background and/or a Multi-State Sex Offender Registry review.
Navitas accelerates the internationalization of university campuses, providing international students greater opportunity and access to high-quality learning experiences and bringing global perspectives to the university community. Navitas’ proven partnership model delivers expertise, capital and a track record in international education that gives universities the freedom to reinvest their time, ...money and personnel into capacity building and innovation. By expanding diversity and global connections across college campuses, Navitas fuels universities’ efforts towards sustainable growth while delivering a superior student experience. Navitas currently partners with 8 universities in North America in our Global Student Success Program.