The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach reports directly to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach and is responsible for assisting in the organization and administration of the women’s basketball program in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University, Horizon League and NCAA.
The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach must have a commitment to developing a competitive NCAA Division I basketball program, while maintaining an emphasis on the academic success of the student-athlete. The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach will be expected to assist in administering the program in a manner that promotes the health, safety and welfare of the student-athlete.
The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach duties include, but not limited to:
• Recruit student-athletes in accordance with NCAA regulations and academic standards, as well as University academic requirements.
• Monitor the academics of the women’s basketball student-athletes. Effectively communicate with Athletics Academic Advisor to ensure any academic concerns are being addressed.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of in-season practices, including team and individual workouts.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of out-of-season practices, including individual skill instruction and team workouts, focusing on the development of athletic skills to compete at the Division I level.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of game plans for each game, including development of scouting reports of opponents.
• Complete all necessary compliance forms as required and/or requested by the Athletics Compliance Office.
• Assist in scheduling games as directed by Head Coach.
• Assist in monitoring of budget to ensure the women’s basketball program is fiscally responsible and expenditures are within the programs budget allocation as directed by the Head Coach.
• Participate in fund raising activities for the women’s basketball program and/or Department of Athletics.
• Be actively engaged within the University, as well as the surrounding communities.
• Attend Department of Athletics staff meetings and training as directed by the Director of Athletics.
• Attend NCAA and Horizon League meetings as needed.
Bachelor’s degree Previous collegiate coaching or playing experience required, preferred at the Division I level
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
Northern Kentucky University is a growing metropolitan university of approximately 15,000 students served by more than 2,000 faculty and staff on a thriving suburban campus near Cincinnati. Located in the quiet suburb of Highland Heights, Kentucky, just seven miles southeast of Cincinnati, NKU has become a leader in the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky region by providing a private school ...education for a fraction of the cost. While we are one of the fastest growing universities in Kentucky, our professors still know our students’ names. In fall 2011, we celebrated the construction and opening of the $52.8 million and 110,000-square-foot Griffin Hall, home of NKU’s College of Informatics. In 2008, we opened our $37 million, 144,000-square-foot student union building, as well as the BB&T Arena, a $60 million, 9,400-seat arena for basketball games and other events.
The 2016-17 academic year marked the first season NKU was eligible for participation in NCAA Championships after reclassifying to Division I. The Norse qualified for the NCAA Women's Soccer Championship and NCAA Men's Basketball Championship in 2016-17.