Job Summary: In accordance with general directions and established procedures, performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance duties related to the operation, repair, testing, inspection, installation and preventive maintenance of equipment/machinery, appliances, building fixtures and infrastructure. Performs duties of other Maintenance and Grounds positions as required.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Ability to obtain, within 12 months of employment and maintain thereafter, the"Asbestos Hazard Abatement Worker" certification in accordance with 40 CFR part 763, Subpart E, Appendix C, EPA approved under section 206 of the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA 15 USC 2646).
Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Michigan driver's license and a driving record acceptable to MHGH.
Skills, Talents and Abilities: 1. Working knowledge in at least two (2) of the following areas, e.g. electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, carpentry, electronics or automotive repair. 2. Working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations, e.g. OSHA, Right to Know, Confined Spaces, Hazardous Waste, IAQ, Lock-Out/Tag-Out, etc is preferred. 3. Ability to read/interpret electrical, plumbing and structural drawings and specifications. 4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. 5. Computer skills necessary to access equipment repair/maintenance records, Intranet FSR's and HealthStream in-service programs.
Equipment Used: Various trades equipment/tools, vehicles, computer, etc.
Physical Requirements: 1. Regular standing, stooping, bending, pushing, reaching and kneeling. 2. Ability to lift objects up to 50 pounds. 3. Ability to climb ladders. 4. Extreme exposure to temperature and precipitation when performing grounds related and building exterior responsibilities. 5. Use of chemicals, e.g. drain maintainers, etc. with associated odors and hazards.
1. Promotes the values of Munson Healthcare Grayling Hospital (MHGH) by demonstrating behaviors supportive of a commitment to reverence, service and stewardship, including respect and involvement, teamwork, open and effective communication, and efficient and effective resource use. Adheres to MHG's policies, procedures and objectives. Exhibits professional attitude in attire, work space and interpersonal communications. Appropriately responds to customers' requests.
2. Adheres to written work schedules and verbal assignments. Performs quality work which is free from defects.
3. Attends and participates in scheduled in-service training and staff meetings. Demonstrates interest in personal development, orients new staff, and/or participates in MHGH activities. Maintains current level of HealthStream completion.
4. Documents work assignments via completion of a Facility Service Requisition (FSR) and/or other means as determined by management. Maintains Department files, records and reports as required.
5. Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance duties similar to the following:
· electrical: works with 120-240V and phase 3 wiring, installing and repairing switches/receptacles/lighting/conduit/wiremold; testing/repairing short circuits; emergency generator · plumbing installs and repairs toilets/Sloan valves/faucets; opens and repairs plugged drains and sewer lines; installs copper fittings; · refrigerationBasic refrigeration knowledge · carpentry installs doors/walls/windows/etc.; cuts/fits wood; hangs drywall; installs door locks; painting including drywall repair; hole/crack patching; · roofing performs temporary and permanent repairs; · grounds assists with all grounds related work, e.g. spring/fall clean-up, snow removal, etc.; · HVAC changes filters, maintains HVAC equipment · security responds to emergency codes as appropriate, performs wanding procedure, crowd control, Helipad security, security rounding, etc.
· Note: These examples are not all inclusive ... similar, related work may be assigned.
6. Performs routine rounds/inspections of the hospital, grounds and other facilities. Reports and/or takes corrective action of observed facility repair needs. Performs scheduled preventive maintenance.
7. Maintains shops, equipment and facilities in a clean, orderly condition.
8. Requisitions supplies/parts/tools as needed. Exercises prudence in purchasing decisions/recommendations. Tests and/or recommends equipment and procedural changes.
9. Performs tasks in a safe manner. Uses required personal protective equipment. Properly maintains and uses equipment in a safe, appropriate manner.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Additional duties for Groundskeeper as assigned
1. Rake and remove fallen leaves.
2. Sweep walkways and staircases.
3. Keep drainage ditches and culverts free of obstructions.
4. Maintain driveways and parking lots.
5. Inspect grounds to ensure safe conditions and make recommendations for improvements.
6. Prepare and grade terrain; seeds and/or sods lawns; transplant/plant shrubs, plants, and trees.
7. Mow and trim lawns; repair established lawns.
8. Connect and maintain sprinkling equipment. Water lawns, flower beds/gardens, shrubs, and trees.
9. Spray trees, shrubs, and plants and apply nutrients for lawn and plant growth.
10. Plant, water, prune, and otherwise maintain flower-beds, shrubs, trees and lawns.
11. Clean grounds using rakes, brooms, and hose. Shovel, sweep, and remove debris from grounds.
12. Inspect and perform minor repairs to equipment such as lawn mowers, sanders, and plows.
13. Plow snow and maintain parking lots and sidewalks in a safe manner during the winter months.