Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
This is a senior level position focused on translating arbitrary data and numbers into meaningful information to improve capacity for patients to receive more timely care. This is not an IT position. Responsible for analyzing and detecting opportunities to enhance operations while eradicating issues impacting the organizationâs output, productivity, and bottom line. Analyzes patient access to care business and financial data by translating detailed analysis into business solutions the Capacity Analytics (CA) team can own to closure. Proactively identifies and leads initiatives, communicates solutions, and follows resolutions through completion in order to optimize a patientâs ability to receive timely care. Thoroughly understands business problems and opportunities in the context of requirements and recommends solutions that enable providers, clinics, and the organization to achieve their goals. Collaborates with stakeholders to synthesize, articulate, and document business objectives and requirements by applying system and analytical thinking methodology and discipline. Monitors and maintains forecast and performance data to quickly identify changes and alert senior leadership of possible solutions to improve performance.
1. Develop professional communications such as PowerPoint presentations, proposals, business summaries, and policies and procedures to support strategic or operational plans.
2. Perform financial and business process analysis, draws conclusions, and makes recommendations to leadership.
3. Apply process improvement methods applicable to the field and designs plans for implementation.
4. Analyze trends affecting budget needs and recommend procedural changes as needed.
5. Participate in calculation, validation, and updating of cost saving initiatives.
6. Research current challenges and trends in the field and brings information and recommendations back to leadership for consideration.
7. Researches business problems and quickly understands the issues and data challenges of organization.
9. Inform and advise managers and other key stakeholders of financial issues and matters as appropriate.
10. Gather data using data mining techniques and tools, analyze information, develop conclusions, communicate recommendations clearly and work effectively with others on a team.
11. Develop programs or queries to retrieve and analyze data for projects, program, and/or reports.
12. Apply statistically sound analytic methods within program and projects.
13. Ability to perform statistical analysis (SPSS, R) to perform advanced analysis and present data in a meaningful way to business owners.
14. Effectively translate complex data and analyses to all levels within the organization.
15. Provide oversight and management for CA projects and prioritization while mentoring other business analyst team members.
1. Bachelorâs degree in a technical field (engineering, statistics, technology, computer science related).
2. Advanced analytic, SQL, SPSS, Tableau, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
3. 5-7 years related work experience.
4. Work requires verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
5. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and communication skills.
1. Experience with Epic, Data display tools, Enterprise Data Warehouse.
2. Familiarity with the complexity of healthcare supply and demand.
3. Process improvement and project management knowledge (LEAN, PDSA, 6 Sigma, PMP).
VUMC Recent Accomplishments:
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association:among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.