Now is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise ? "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" ? by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Home Telehealth Program Manager/Nurse Manager (NM) is a registered nurse who provides supervisory oversight to program staff in the operation of Home Telehealth program. This individual serves as a primary supervisor with line authority to the Chief Nurse, Geriatrics and Extended Care (GEC), in consultation with Chief Nutritional Services when appropriate, providing leadership and direction to program staff. He/she is accountable for adhering to established policies, standards of care and standards of practice, in addition to demonstrating leadership in improving nursing care. The incumbent may assist with cross-coverage for other Managers during leave/absences.
The Home Telehealth Manger provides oversight to a specialized, and highly-skilled, work force who have specific training and competency in collaboration, health informatics, telehealth technologies and disease management strategies for complex patient care throughout the continuum of care.
Within the Patient Care Services, the NM is expected to work as member of multidisciplinary leadership team, actively engaged in collaboration with many stakes holders to name a few; direct care providers, site managers, and support services. The NM works in coordinating resources to improve overall patient outcomes utilizing the interdisciplinary team in decision-making process.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses are not
authorized for this position.
1. Provide supervision of program staff involved in the day-to-day clinical operations of care coordination service delivery. This includes assuring accuracy of information provided in the forms of progress notes, reports, presentations, and briefings on program patients and operations.
2. Provide leadership in application of the nursing process and identifies resources and critical factors for achieving desired outcomes for discharge, post hospitalization recovery and health maintenance/improvement.
3. Sets clinical care goal, short and long term, in collaboration with Nurse Executive, HT staff, patient, provider(s), and family members.
4. Oversee day-to-day assignment of work for all HT staff.
5. Perform annual performance evaluations of assigned employees.
6. He/she participates regularly in peer review activities, and will develop and execute corrective action plans if appropriate.
7. Manage staffing levels for all HT.
8. Ensure accuracy and certify Time and Leave for the HT program.
9. Provide leadership to the HT staff.
10. Monitor resources to ensure fiscal responsibility in the management of program budget.
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
VA needs new employees with a wide variety of skills and professions.Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of some truly special and deserving people.Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your country's service.Those who a...lready work at VA feel privileged to assist the men and women who have defended our country. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.The Department of Veterans Affairs is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. America's veterans need you.