Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Special Events Assistant (Part-Time) position. The Special Events Assistant provides support to the Coordinator, Special Events & Community Relations in planning and implementing College events. This position assists in the coordination of College facility use and event planning.
This is a part-time position with scheduled hours not to exceed 25 hours per week. Weekend and evening hours are required on an as needed basis.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Three (3) years of work experience in meeting/event planning is required.
• Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel and Internet search proficiency required.
• Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines required.
• Ability to work evening hours and weekends, as needed, is required.
• Excellent time management skills required.
• Associates Degree preferred.
• Previous work experience in an educational institution preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Access and PowerPoint preferred.
Community College of Philadelphia is the largest public institution of higher education in the City. Since 1965, over 500,000 students have passed through our doors seeking associate's degrees, certificates, improved workplace skills and lifelong learning. Many of our degree students transfer to four-year institutions while others seek employment in the Philadelphia region. Over 90 percent of our ...graduates remain in the area and seek employment, strengthening our local economy and workforce. Local businesses look to us to provide workplace training to keep their workers skilled and their companies competitive.
We offer over 70 degree and certificate programs in art, science, business, technology and liberal arts. Many of our students have hectic schedules, and we know how to accommodate every type of learner. Classes are held during the day, in the evening and on Saturdays at the Main Campus, our three Regional Centers and at neighborhood sites throughout the City. Distance education classes are also available.