Founded in 2012, Ariadne Labs is a joint center for health systems innovation at Brigham & Women's Hospital and the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health led by Dr. Atul Gawande M.D., M.P.H, Executive Director. Our mission is research and discovery that drive scalable solutions for better care at the most critical moments in people's lives everywhere. Our work is already achieving significant impact domestically and globally, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
We are looking for a project assistant to join the Serious Illness Care Program at Ariadne Labs, a program dedicated to improving the quality of advance care planning conversations between clinicians and seriously ill patients. Our program is currently developing and testing system of implementation to spread our intervention to partner health systems. The project assistant will work with a project manager, clinicians, implementation scientists, and subject matter and training experts to further the team's implementation and education strategies.
The principle duties and responsibilities of the Project Assistant include:
- To support the delivery and implementation of several projects; which focus on (1) developing health system partners, (2) engaging with teams across the United States using the Serious Illness Care Program Intervention (3) supporting the program's education and training efforts by:
- Developing PowerPoint presentations based on basic outlines of content and sketches of graphics
- Professional formatting of slides, documents, and other materials developed by the program team
- Tracking project deliverables
- Preparing written responses to routine inquiries
- Handling requests for information and data
- Scheduling, coordinating, and taking meeting minutes
- Managing the Serious Illness Care Program's online community of palliative care clinicians (incl. coordinating technical responses to issues with website accounts, access levels, etc.) - Other duties as assigned
Please Note: Some travel may be required. Please Note: This position has a term appointment of one year from date of hire with the possibility of extension.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to support our mission of health research and education, and to be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 053
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
- 3+ years of experience; a combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree is strongly preferred - Experience in a public health role related to quality improvement implementation preferred - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred - Familiarity with the Google information environment is valuable (e.g. Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drive, etc.) preferred - Strong communication skills preferred - Excellent teamwork skills, preferably in a matrix organization, preferred - Experience working independently, prioritizing issues and recognizing when they need to be escalated preferred - Experience effectively presenting ideas and information in a variety of formats to a wide range of audiences, including senior leaders and senior clinicians preferred - Enthusiasm for learning new concepts and working with new tools and sources of information preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Harvard University T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. T...he University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.