At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
F/T – Need to be flexible on hours; Saturday hours are a must
Main Function: To assist the clinical anesthesia staff in the management of the departments clinical and technical functions by assuring proper supplies are available, that all equipment is functioning properly, and all reusable equipment is properly cleaned and/or sterilized.
* Equipment Sanitation o Performs proper departmental cleaning procedure for each type of equipment before bringing to CPD for sterilization o Uses prope cleaning solution for each task per department guidelines.
* Inventory Maintenance: o Conducts inventory of all general stores supplies including all I.V. solutions to determine need for replenishment. o Orders any necessary items from General Stores and Pharmacy by completing appropriate order forms with all necessary information. o Checks all items received from General Stores and Pharmacy for accuracy (i.e. type of item and amount) against order form; reports any discrepancies to Technical Coordinator; gives all receipts and invoices to Technical Coordinator.
* Operations: o Assists Technical Coordinator and Materials Manager, Department of Anesthesia in the management of the department clinical and technical function
* Supply Maintenance: o Completes assignments while maintaining quality of work within established time frames
* Minimum Experience: * At least 3 years experience working in a hospital dealing with anesthesia machines (troubleshooting, tech experience), medical/anesthesia supplies and equipment. Demands/Working Conditions:
o Education: o HS Diploma or GED (preferably, 2 years college)
o Minimum Requirements: o Occasional lifting of boxes containing anesthesia supplies and/or equipment. o Occasional lifting and pushing of medical gas cylinders. o Occasional pushing of anesthesia machines and monitors. o Visual concentration necessary
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
As one of the world's premier cancer centers, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, a...nd superb educational programs. The close collaboration between our physicians and scientists is one of our unique strengths, enabling us to provide patients with the best care available today as we work to discover more effective strategies to prevent, control, and ultimately cure cancer in the future. Our education programs train future physicians and scientists, and the knowledge and experience they gain at Memorial Sloan-Kettering has an impact on cancer treatment and the biomedical research agenda around the world.