The University of Maryland, Baltimore School of Nursing Shady Grove is seeking a Simulation Technician. The selected candidate under general supervision, provides technical and non-technical skills to support medical simulation based training of nursing students at the Universities at Shady Grove.
Please note: The Universities at Shady Grove is located in Rockville, Maryland-9630 Gudelsky Dr.
At the University of Maryland, Baltimore, we are driven by our seven core values, philosophy, and daily business and education practices of our University
PRIMARY DUTIES 1. Prepares, integrates, and provides support for the high and low fidelity simulation trainers and associated equipment.
2. Prepares and maintains equipment, media, computers, and materials related to simulation learning with support as needed.
3. Assists in role playing applications, props placement, and moulage for simulation based training.
4. Operates the mannequins, equipment, media, and computers for simulations under guidance of senior staff.
5. Supports other simulation sessions, trainings, tours, and events for internal and external groups and/or individuals.
6. Serves as a resource and assists with training instructors and staff in the use of simulation equipment under the direction of the immediate supervisor.
7. Assists senior staff with the purchasing and maintenance of inventory of supplies and equipment for simulation.
8. Collaborates with senior staff for maintenance and repair of simulation equipment and documents actions taken.
9. Creates and maintains simulation operation manuals and guides in conjunction with senior staff so that technical information can be understood by others with less expertise.
10. Keeps abreast with new developments in simulation technology.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
Education: Associates Degree in a related field.
Experience: One year of experience with hardware and software support which includes user support, user training, and/or programming.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES Working knowledge of applicable computer hardware or software applications and systems. Ability to solve technical problems. Skill in operating supported computers and peripherals. Ability to lift and transport computer equipment and supplies. Ability to work in, on, around, over and under fixed equipment and machinery. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide guidance and instruction to others; good customer service skills.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.
Hiring Range: $40,852.00 to $48,000.00
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human Resource Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) is the State's public health, law and human services university devoted to excellence in professional and graduate education, research, patient care, and public service. As a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and using state-of-the-art technological support, we educate leaders in health care delivery, biomedical science, globa...l health, social work and the law. We emphasize interdisciplinary education and research in an atmosphere that explicitly values civility, diversity, collaboration, teamwork and accountability. By conducting internationally recognized research to cure disease and to improve the health, social functioning and just treatment of the people we serve, we foster economic development in the City, State, and nation. We are committed to ensuring that the knowledge we generate provides maximum benefit to society and directly enhances our various communities.