The Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health's Department of Information Technology is seeking an instructional technologist to support our residential programs, as well as a number of innovative distance education programs. The candidate will join the Media and Educational Technology Services (METS) team.
- Support faculty members, instructors, teaching assistants, administrative staff, and students in using instructional technology including, but not limited to, Canvas (learning management system), Poll Everywhere (student response system), and Turnitin (academic plagiarism checker). - Build and manage the course sites for our online and blended courses.
- Collaborate, consult, and assist with the training of faculty on the effective use of web-based resources, multimedia technologies, and instructional software and systems to improve education.
- Research and evaluate new and emerging technologies, instructional design theories, and approaches and policies for potential application to instructional opportunities.
- Provide recommendations on the strategic, tactical, and operational issues associated with the development of new instructional technology to support the online and blended courses.
- Provide mentorship to interns, student workers, and other team members on instructional technology.
- Present in Harvard-based and larger professional settings as needed.
- Contribute to the larger instructional technology community at Harvard by participating as a liaison to organizations such as HUIT Academic Technology.
- Work on special projects related to instructional technology as assigned.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to support our mission of health research and education, and to be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 055
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
- 3+ years of experience working with a leading LMS (Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, etc.); a combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in instructional technology, or related field strongly preferred. - Previous experience in training one-on-one and in a group setting. - Experience working on multiple projects. - Experience in fostering strong ongoing relationships with multiple audiences, especially faculty and teaching staff. - Experience with online conferencing software (such as BlueJeans or Webex). - Experience using cloud-based tools including email, file storage, media creation, and collaborative editing. - Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with multiple constituencies in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. - Software skills including MS Office and the ability to learn new software quickly. - Experience using independent judgement to carry out duties and responsibilities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Harvard University T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. T...he University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.