The administrative assistant provides a wide variety of administrative and support functions for the High Point Campus Dean’s Unit. The administrative assistant will at times work independently by taking initiative to ensure efficient daily operations, collaborates with a wide range of internal and external college constituencies to support the unit effectively. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: prepare payroll, create contracts, assist with purchasing processes, perform word processing/data entry, duplicate materials, maintain files and critical records, answer/assess telephone inquiries, prepare correspondence, schedule meetings and tasks, arrange travel, assist with budget management, and record meeting minutes.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
· Associates Degree in Business Administration, Office Management or related field, or at least four years’ of related administrative experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Office Management or related field
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
· Two years of related administrative experience and a proven record of progressively responsible experience in administrative functions, including evidence of experience in the following areas:
-Thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment to include basic accounting practices to track budget and expenditures
-Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and experience using word processing, developing spreadsheets, developing presentations, and using database software applications
· More than 2 years of recent progressively responsible experience providing administrative support
· Experience in an academic setting
· Recent experience with an enterprise student information system (e.g., Colleague)
· Possess an intermediate knowledge of database programs (e.g., Access)
Guilford Technical Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education. As the third largest of 58 community ...colleges in the North Carolina Community College System, GTCC serves more than 40,000 students annually from its Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, Aviation and Donald W. Cameron campuses as well as its Small Business Center in Greensboro and High Point.