As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For detailed information on Benefits for this position please visit our website click here.
The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
The Department of Statistics, has an outstanding opportunity for an Administrative Coordinator.
The Department of Statistics (one of the top ranked Statistics programs in the nation) is seeking a well-rounded, service-oriented individual with good communication skills, creativity,to provide administrative and fiscal support. Join our team and mission to provide excellent customer service to a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Administrator of the Department with financial and administrative responsibilities including: Procurement using ARIBA (E-Procurement, Travel arrangements and reimbursements, E-Reimbursements, BPO's, invoices), Procard & CTA reconciliation, budget reconciliation, Department Payroll/Workday, financial reporting, processing GCCR's, cost center invoicing, facilities requests, and special projects.
- Oversee and/or execute office operations including: visitor reception, department web-based directories and personnel database, checkout of laptops and projectors, conference room scheduling, minor facilities requests, daily mail and express shipments, key distribution and Omni lock access, maintenance of department bulletin and photo boards, distribution of reimbursement and pay checks, coordination of departmental office machines including troubleshooting copier problems and requesting service and submitting minor Telecommunications requests.
- Assist faculty with the coordination of the weekly departmental seminar including preparation and distribution of weekly seminar notices, coordination of seminar refreshments, and possible travel planning and coordination for invited speakers during the academic year.
- Assist the Director of Consulting with the coordination of appointment scheduling for our consulting program and act as a liaison with clients for the quarterly statistical consulting class.
- Direct and/or support activities in relation to the department's established goals and objectives including researching, collecting and preparing information and reports.
Requirements: Education: High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of experience in administrative support, overseeing and executing office operations.
Additional Requirements - High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products like Excel (including formulas and formatting), Word, and Outlook. - High level of communication skills, both verbal and written. - Excellent customer service. - High level of organizational skills with attention to detail and a strong ability to multi-task and prioritize. - Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills. - Proven ability to handle confidential information with a high degree of tact, judgment, discretion and diplomacy. - Positive team player who can remain flexible in changing situations and take initiative as needed. - Ability to balance the demands of pressing, immediate tasks with the follow-through necessary for long-term projects.
Desired: - Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field. - UW experience with Payroll, Workday, Procard & CTA reconciliation, ARIBA (including Procurement, Contracts/BPOs, Travel reimbursements, Non-PO Invoices, e-Reimbursements), EDW - Access DB experience - Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, diverse office environment. - Prior web maintenance experience.
Application Process: The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Criminal Conviction History, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select Apply to this position. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your My Jobs page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Founded in 1861, the University of Washington is one of the oldest public institutions in the west coast and one of the preeminent research universities in the world. The University of Washington is a multi-campus university comprised of three different campuses: Seattle, Tacoma, and Bothell. The Seattle campus is made up of sixteen schools and colleges that serve students ranging from an undergra...duate level to a doctoral level. The university is home to world-class libraries, arts, music, drama, and sports, as well as the highest quality medical care in Washington State and a world-class academic medical center. The teaching and research of the University’s many professional schools provide undergraduate and graduate students the education necessary toward achieving an excellence that will serve the state, the region, and the nation. As part of a large and diverse community, the University of Washington serves more students than any other institution in the Northwest.