This position supports the administrative functions of the Financial Aid Office. Employee will be expected to perform a number of vital roles based on the financial aid cycle. These tasks will include but not be limited to managing the application and financial aid credential process for over 10,000 students annually, mail receipt and sorting, scanning and indexing documents, data entry, communicating with applicants and current students, parents and high school guidance counselors regarding the status of financial aid, assisting the counseling staff and special admission/financial aid event participation.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Data enters, scans and indexes confidential inquiries and financial aid materials into database in order to support Assistant Directors with the production of financial aid packages.
- Establishes and maintains various files, logs, records and reports containing confidential information.
- Receives, screens and refers telephone calls, e-mails and visitors.
- Helps incoming freshmen parents to understand the financial aid process and procedures.
- Operates a personal computer and respective software to update information and records.
- Prepares materials and labels for department mailings.
- Logs receipt of student information and answers requests for additional information from students/parents.
- Assists the Associate Director with certifying, originating, and adjusting all Federal Stafford, Federal PLUS, Federal Graduate PLUS, and all Private Education loans.
- Assists with the University's Student Information System, Banner, setup for new aid years, new loan codes, loan fees and interest rate changes.
- Assists with the routine maintenance of the University's loan programs.
- Assists the Associate Director as a point of contact for Financial Aid and Student Accounts to resolve loan issues and monitor loan transactions.
- Accesses the PHEAA website to determine where and when student loans will be released.
- Works closely with the Financial Aid Assistant Directors.
- Enters freshman/transfer undergraduate and graduate aid applications.
- Participates in special admission/financial aid events such as DuquesneFest, College Career Day and Fall Open House.
- Performs related duties as assigned to support the functions of a dynamic and team oriented environment.