To manage the work of the Transfer Team within the Office of the Registrar to implement and maintain (1) the TitanConnect Transfer Articulation/Equivalency process (for new and current students), (2) the Degree Evaluation system (CAPP) and, (3) oversee the Transfer Team Welcome Desk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Build and maintain transfer equivalency database in Banner between Detroit Mercy and transfer institutions/other credit-granting organizations.
(2) Work directly with faculty, staff, and chairpersons to identify course equivalencies from transfer institutions/ other organizations and maintain these course equivalencies on a regular basis.
(3) Input data from all transcripts for new and current students into Banner.
(4) Create work-flow processes and communicate process changes with: Office of Admissions, Office of the Registrar, and College/Schools.
(5) Trouble-shoot issues that arise among the Transfer Team Specialists and with the Colleges/Schools.
(6) Manage Human Resource issues of Transfer Team.
(7) Build Degree Evaluation (CAPP) for new majors, minors, certificates, etc. Work with Colleges/Schools to update existing Degree Evaluations when curriculum changes occur.
(8) Serve as a liaison between Detroit Mercy and other two-year institutions, four-year institutions and other organizations regarding transfer equivalencies and updates of transfer guides.
(9) In collaboration with Colleges/Schools, process substitutions, waivers, and non-course requirements. Adjust Degree Evaluation to accommodate.
(10) Meet with new transfer students as part of the Transfer Team Welcome Desk. This involves orienting students to campus services, ensuring they can access university computer systems and email. Arrange meetings for placement testing and academic advising.
(11) Present new processes to colleges/schools/advisors as needed.
(12) Work with Information Technology Services (ITS) on new projects to streamline or improve existing transfer and/or Degree Evaluation processes.
(13) Support Colleges/Schools on new and renewed Articulation Agreements.
(14) Lead the Reverse Transfer Agreement process. Maintain the existing agreement, plan new agreements.
(15) Assist Colleges/Schools and potential/current students regarding a variety of transfer and degree issues.
(16) Update the Undergraduate catalog on an annual basis regarding Core Curriculum, transfer credit policies, etc. Work with Colleges/Schools to ensure that annual catalog and Degree Evaluation are in alignment.
(17) Assist in creating new and updating existing Transfer Guides for community colleges and select four-year institutions and update website.
(18) Serve as a member of the Academic Advising Committee and other committees as assigned.
(19) All other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree with two years to five years of similar or related experience minimum. Master’s degree.
Higher education advising, report writing, and document editing/updating to fit business practices preferred. Computer and analytic/technical skills preferred. Experience with teaching/training in software environment a plus. Banner experience a plus. Working with transfer students a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and outside the university for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation.
Requires great attention to detail and analysis.
Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
Ability to initiate/coordinate/manage projects within limited structure/input from supervisor.
Job may require lifting light weight objects (1 to 10 pounds) with no repetitive bending or stooping. Occasionally lift average weight objects (1 to 10 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
Open Date: 08/01/2017
Salary/Pay Information: Commensurate with Experience
Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.