The Health Services Office Manager is responsible for all front office functions of Health Services as fully functioning, fast-paced medical office practice embedded within the university setting, and serving eligible students of Duquesne University. The O.M. reports directly to the Director of Health Services, and is the primary receiver of persons coming to the office. This role encompasses all fiscal, budgetary, and relevant communication functions of the Health Services department.
The position involves but is not limited to: budget management; purchasing and p-card management; budget reports; patient check-out and fee collection and all relevant accounting and reporting in the electronic health record; establishing and maintaining vendor and contract accounts; inventory management of medical & office supplies and equipment; monitoring of office email account and correspondence; and coordinated management of daily front-office tasks along with the medical biller/coder.
Critical skills include excellent interpersonal and communicative (verbal and written) skills; clerical skills; computer proficiency (especially with Microsoft Office suite); the ability to adapt to and learn the existing electronic medical records system and collateral systems; and must be organized, efficient, punctual, and reliable.
Office Manager - Health Services | Duquesne University
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Fully practices within the philosophy of the University Mission and the mission of the department.
- Demonstrates currently trained, working knowledge of HIPAA and FERPA.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform highly skilled technology-oriented assignments such as development of Excel documents, as well as to work within Banner relative to health service payroll and immunization holds, and permissions within the Medicat EHR system.
- Assists with budget planning and development. Tracks and monitors purchasing, expenses and payments with procurement card or other transactions, vendor accounts and related communications; proficient use of DuqMart; maintenance of UPMC Physician Contract monthly payment and communication with UPMC Family Medicine management.
- Acts as the liaison with other departments within the Center for Student Wellbeing (Counseling Services, Recreation Services, and contingently - Spiritan Campus Ministry).
- Monitors and manages department generic email account communications independently, yet with discernment for when to access clinical staff for inquiries of a medical nature.
- Works collaboratively with director to determine priorities, scope of projects and deadlines. Functions independently, exercises discretion and works with highly sensitive and/or confidential information.
- Manages facility needs in terms of routine maintenance, leased equipment, servicing, etc. in accordance with university policies and procedure.
- Collaborates continually with medical biller/coder for all relevant medical front-office activities as well as the Center for Pharmacy Care for mutual scheduling needs.