Take pride in where you work and what you do. Join the best of the best, at Northwest Community Healthcare!
Northwest Community Healthcare is located in Arlington Heights, IL.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position has primary responsibility for managing all aspects of the Foundation’s major gifts program and assisting in the growth of the planned gifts program, all aimed at building a greater awareness and growing the levels of charitable giving in support of Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH).
1. Is responsible for the ongoing development, implementation and management of a growing major gifts program that includes a formal strategic plan with short- and long-term goals, tactics and objectives. Establishes measurements for all components of the program, with major focus on donor activity and productivity. Tracks and analyzes results.
2. Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards donors and donor prospects capable of making outright and planned gifts in the range of $10,000 to $1 million+, working in collaboration with board and committee members, other volunteers, and staff, as assigned. Builds and manages a portfolio of at least 120 prospects at varying degrees of donor readiness; develops written donor strategies for each prospect and ensures that the strategy document serves as a road map to guarantee routine and targeted contact leading to solicitation and ultimate acquisition of major and/or planned gifts. Documents donor and prospect-related contacts and fundraising results and oversees documentation process to which all fundraisers must adhere.
3. In collaboration with internal staff and external vendors, develops, manages, and analyzes a donor prospecting program to conduct initial and comprehensive research in order to identify and qualify new major gift prospects on a regular basis, as well as to maintain up-to-date information on existing donors.
4. Coordinates, plans and facilitates social and educational gatherings to keep donors and prospects engaged and informed on a broad and individual basis. Makes or coordinates presentations at functions as appropriate.
5. Staffs and supports appropriate volunteer committees of the Foundation board year-round. Plans and prepares meeting schedules and agendas, in conjunction with the respective committee chairs; ensures meeting minutes are kept, coordinates logistics, and follows through on agenda items. Is responsible for ongoing recruitment, orientation, training and motivation of new civic and business leaders to help the committees grow, strengthen funding and reach higher annual and long-term goals.
6. Builds and supervises the major gifts staff. Interviews, hires, disciplines, and discharges (when necessary) subordinate personnel. Regularly evaluates the performance of personnel according to the guidelines of the hospital's performance management system. Redesigns processes to ensure efficiency and quality of work. Motivates, challenges and develops employees; searches out and shares new knowledge (i.e., information, technology, management skills). Creates an environment for learning and growth. Collaborates with others responsible for organization-wide education to ensure that learning needs are identified and addressed.
7. Assists in the development of short- and long-term goals and the plans to accomplish agreed upon goals in consultation with Executive Director. Prepares and recommends expense budgets and revenue projections for comprehensive major gifts program. Monitors fundraising programs and activities for effectiveness, and recommends and implements improvements and new initiatives as necessary. Continually assesses and further develops policies and procedures that will enhance the gift planning opportunities for constituents.
The level of knowledge normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Finance, or a related field.
2. Minimum of five years of successful experience soliciting and closing major gifts, and building and maintaining long-term relationships with donors, with general financial knowledge pertaining to charitable giving.
3. Knowledge of and experience with fundraising and word processing software required, including working knowledge and experience with donor records and moves management programs.
4. Experience using data analytically and strategically.
5. Valid Illinois drivers license with access to an automobile.
The interpersonal and communication skills necessary to present NCH in a positive manner to the public, current and potential donors, and hospital personnel and articulate a compelling case for support.
7. Flexibility and a high energy level.
8. The ability to work with various groups of hospital personnel, volunteers and donors acting as the primary motivator for specific fundraising activities and goals.
9. The organizational skills necessary to independently manage the development and implementation of programs with the capacity to meet deadlines while juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
10. The ability to maintain confidential information.
11. The written and analytical skills necessary to create, research, and write materials to effectively educate and solicit donors.
12. The mathematical skills necessary to prepare budgets and project revenues.
13. The leadership skills necessary to manage staff.
NCH at a glance Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) is known for compassionate care and its convenient location. But it's our advanced technologies, clinical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities that offer the latest treatments and assure the care, comfort and safety of our patients and the community. NCH offers:
A 489-bed hospital, including 200 private rooms in the South Pavilion
Four Immediate Care Centers, located in Buffalo Grove, Lake Zurich, Mount Prospect and Schaumburg
Seven accessible outpatient imaging locations that provide advanced imaging technology
The Day Surgery Center, a same-day outpatient surgery center
Northwest Community Healthcare (NCH) is known for compassionate care and its convenient location. But it's our advanced technologies, clinical expertise and state-of-the-art facilities that offer the latest treatments and assure the care, comfort and safety of our patients and the community. NCH offers:
• A 489-bed hospital, including 200 private rooms in the South Pavilion
• Four Immediate Car...e Centers, located in Buffalo Grove, Lake Zurich, Mount Prospect and Schaumburg
• Seven accessible outpatient imaging locations that provide advanced imaging technology
• The Day Surgery Center, a same-day outpatient surgery center