The Registration Scheduling Representative - Float, under the supervision of the Clinical Manager, provides exceptional customer service by serving as the frontline ambassador of service between the patient and the Medical Center. The Registration/Scheduling Representative - Float ensures a positive patient experience from the time a patient accesses the system.
1. Strive to understand and meet the needs of the patient when multi-tasking, switch gears quickly when checking in, collecting payments, scheduling, rescheduling, coordinating multiple appointments and canceling appointments.
2. Schedule appointments for patients by following individual provider protocols and workflows to ensure accuracy in scheduling.
3. Ensure that each patient is scheduled with the appropriate provider based on the reason for their visit.
4. Maintain daily and future provider resource schedules, including schedule maintenance requests (i.e. opening, closing or changing a schedule) to ensure the provider is scheduled for the correct location and time.
5. Maintain the wait list for each provider and contact patient when there are cancellations.
6. Understand and follow the proper steps to search for a patient record and set up of new accounts. Validate, verify or add insurance, including third party insurance.
7. Stay current on In-Basket messages and patient work queues.
8. Ensure that necessary questionnaires are completed for patient visits.
9. Follow appropriate guidelines and update appropriate clinical team for situations when a patient cannot be seen (i.e. late patient, terminated patient, insurance coverage not accepted, red flag issues)
10. Perform cashiering functions including the collection of co-payments and self-pay balance payments as well as balancing the cash drawer daily, voiding payments as needed and researching issues prior to closing.
11. Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
12. Maintain a neat, clean and professional work area. Keep patient waiting areas cleaned, organized, and with current resource materials.
13. Adhere to departmental expectations (i.e. attend required meetings; participate in quality and process improvement projects, service recovery).
14. Float to outlying clinic locations to cover vacancies, unplanned and planned absences and leave of absences. May switch locations during the course of a work day.
High school diploma or equivalent.
2 -3 years of customer service, reception or business experience.
Previous PC experience with the ability to type 30 wpm.
Must complete and pass the Proficiency Assessment delivered at the conclusion of the onboarding program.
Good decision-making, communication and organizational skills.
Ability to perform multiple tasks in a busy, ever-changing environment.
Previous phone experience.
Transportation for travel to outlying clinic locations.
Background in healthcare, dental or medical insurance.
Previous cash handling experience.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
You’ve known us as many names throughout St. Louis, and now, we’re bringing our hospitals, doctors, home care and other services together under one name – SSM Health. With seven hospitals, 350+ physicians, more than 40 physician locations and 12,000 employees, we are part of something bigger and better. We’re connected to a wealth of resources, expertise and advance technology to help you, your fa...mily and our community live long, healthy lives.
We’ve grown and changed a lot over our 143-year history. Our name may be changing but our mission remains the same