The Children's Advocacy Center of North and Northwest Cook County is seeking a full-time Intake Coordinator for its Coordination, Advocacy and Sensitive Interviewing Program (CASI). The Children's Advocacy Center is a not-for-profit organization established in 1989 to serve child victims of sexual abuse, severe physical abuse, or other crimes, and their non-offending parents and family members. The Center serves 38 communities in the north and northwest suburbs of Cook County.
The Center's Intake Coordinator's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Accepting and screening referrals from investigators from local police departments and the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
2. Obtaining all relevant information from the referral source.
3. Contacting client families to explain the role of the Children's Advocacy Center and collecting additional information about the suspected child victim, her/his disclosure, and other family information.
4. Coordinating a time with the family, investigators and Cook County State's Attorney's Office for the child's forensic interview.
5. Opening cases in the agency's computerized case tracking system and entering all relevant data into the system.
6. Preparing and disseminating bi-weekly case review report.
7. Maintaining case and agency statistics.
BA/BS in a Human Services field. Experience with crisis intervention; services for child victims of sexual or physical abuse; survivors of domestic violence; or other related work experience preferred.
About Children's Advocacy Center of North and Northwest Cook County
The Children's Advocacy Center of North and Northwest Cook County (CAC) is a not-for-profit organization established in 1989 to serve child victims of sexual abuse, and their non-offending family members. The Center serves children and families in 38 communities in North and Northwest Suburban Cook County. CAC works with local law enforcement agencies, DCFS, the State's Attorney's Office, and me...dical and mental health professionals to provide a comprehensive, coordinated multidisciplinary response to reports of child abuse.