Summary: This position is responsible for providing senior management level experience and support for international affairs including development and implementation of a strategic plan for international activities that enhances the care of the surgical patient globally. This includes international membership growth and engagement, effective interaction with relevant stakeholders (internal and external), bidirectional flow of knowledge, expertise, and support, and distribution of ACS quality and educational programs and products to support international surgeons and their patients.
This Level position will report to the Director in the Division of Member Services.
• Strategic Planning - Develop a strategic plan to increase international membership growth and to expose and engage current international members to ACS quality and educational programs and products.
• Collaboration - Develop bidirectional relationships with all areas of the College to conduct an inventory of current programs and products suitable for the international market. Identify, modify, or create new products and programs to support the international market. Develop a framework for collaboration and assess local needs to best match ACS programs and product to country needs.
• Recruitment and Retention - Through member surveys, demographic analyses, and outreach to existing members, identify and develop strategies and collaborative approaches to implement new initiatives around member recruitment with a focus on the most populous countries, and large countries in Africa and Central/Eastern Europe.
• Committee Participation - Actively participate in and represent international affairs within the existing international College structures. This includes participating in the deliberations of the International Relations Committee, Chapter Activities International Workgroup, International Board of Governors, International Chapters, Operation Giving Back, and committees within the Quality area (Trauma, Cancer, etc.) that are working internationally to represent the needs of international members. Staff the internal workgroup of staff liaisons that support international activities across the organization.
• Manage communications with international members including development of content for the website, oversight of the ACS Community, development of an e-newsletter, and engagement activities; including activities at the Clinical Congress.
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university required; Master's degree preferred.
• At least 7 years of experience in management of international programs and/or members required.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
• Capable of providing excellent customer service.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills.
• Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Required to assign and manage the work of others to accurate completion.
Fiscal Management: This position is required to develop and to manage, the project or program budget.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Performs work in a normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer.
Other Necessary Requirements: Evening or weekend duties may be required. Moderate travel for activities such as out of town meetings is required.
The American College of Surgeons is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 202-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The American College of Surgeons will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Make a difference in the lives of others.
Work for our premier organization dedicated to improving care for surgical patients.
The American College of Surgeons is a professional and educational association dedicated to improving the quality of care for surgical patients. Our members set high standards for surgical education and safeguard standards of care in an optimal and ethical practice en...vironment. The College has more than 80,000 members and is the largest organization of surgeons in the world. We invite talented, enthusiastic professionals to join our team.