This position is accountable for the effective and efficient recruitment, evaluation and enrollment of all new undergraduate multicultural students in accordance with established goals and in compliance with federal, state and institutional guidelines and/or regulations.
This position reports to the Vice President for Enrollment Management as do the directors of recruitment, applications, international admission, events and volunteers, financial aid, two assistant directors of transfer admission and the Assistant to the VP for Enrollment Management. This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Principal Accountabilities: The principal accountabilities of the Associate Director for Multicultural Recruitment include but are not limited to the following:
1. Effectively supporting the recruitment of qualified multicultural first year students from assigned recruitment territories within annually established University goals and identified characteristics.
2. Managing assigned territory through all aspects of recruiting. This includes travel, analysis and cultivating new and strengthening existing relationships with the guidance community and community based organizations.
3. Projecting a professional image of the University and developing a thorough knowledge of the admission process.
4. Interviewing prospective students and effectively conducting pre-admission counseling to ensure a thorough understanding and acceptance of Bryant University and its programs.
5. Representing Bryant University at high schools, college fairs, college nights and on- and off-campus events as needed, and participating in the formulation of events when appropriate.
6. Reviewing and evaluating application materials in a thorough and timely manner, recommending admission and eligibility for academic scholarship in keeping with established guidelines.
7. Developing relationships with prospective students and families by guiding them through the Bryant admission process.
8. Serving on the Division Leaders team advocating for multicultural students, as well as assisting in developing and implementing office policies and procedures.
9. Researching, developing and implementing office-wide strategic multicultural recruitment initiatives in conjunction with the VPEM.
10. Developing on campus programs for prospective multicultural students in conjunction with current students and the staff in the Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
11. Supporting the implementation of the University’s overall recruitment/marketing strategies.
12. Performing other related responsibilities as assigned.
Regular attendance at assigned job site and the ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and constituents are essential functions of this position.
Qualifications: This position is best filled by an individual with a Bachelor’s Degree and at least five to seven years of experience which demonstrates professional growth and development in the admission field, with specific background and experience recruiting and counseling multicultural students and a strong commitment to client-centered services. Prior experience in working with multicultural students is strongly preferred. Experience should demonstrate familiarity with marketing practices, management skills, and strong oral and written communication skills. Experience with tests and interpretation of educational records is important, as well as experience in applying federal guidelines governing admission practices. A valid driver’s license is required. This position has non-standard hours. Extensive international travel is required.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
Bryant University’s distinctive multi-disciplinary curriculum integrates business with the arts and sciences, a global perspective, and a focus on character and ethics.Through this combination of scholarly rigor, expansive thinking,and meaningful practice, students gain a deep understanding of their chosen disciplines as well as the interconnectedness of nations and cultures, which prepares them t...o address the emerging needs of industry and society. A Bryant education conveys not just knowledge but values; develops not just technical skills but critical thinking and reasoning ability in a global context; and inspires not just competence but the qualities of character and leadership and a culture of service to others. This transformational education inspires and empowers students to truly make a difference in the world.