Yale Law School is seeking a dynamic and creative web manager to be responsible for the management of and technical expertise for the law school's Drupal-based website. Reporting to the Director of Communications and Public Affairs, this individual will work as part of a team of Public Affairs and Information Technology Services professionals to explore and implement new technologies to meet the growing needs of the law school's faculty, staff, students and organizations. The ideal candidate uses strong technical skills, as well as solid face-to-face customer service and project management skills, in a fast-paced and collegial team environment, is responsible for managing projects from inception through completion and working directly with internal clients to accomplish goals and maintain the YLS web standards, manages resources and overarching website goals and tasks to ensure web projects meet the needs of the organization.
The ideal candidate will also be able to advise clients on best methods to clear and effective presentation of content, and in deploying and using online communications tools, establish and maintain consistent design standards across digital media, develop workflow procedures, editorial and design standards, oversee work of third-party consultants and vendors when needed, build efficiencies into web structure development, leverage content to multiple outlets, integrate social media into different web environments, research current and developing web technologies, monitor sites of peer institutions, monitor usage and develop statistical information.
1. Administer Drupal-based website: creating and customizing page templates, designing navigation, making changes and updates to the website directly, as well as coordinating, scheduling and reviewing the work when done by others. Work will include Drupal configuration, module updates, testing, setting permissions, creating content types, creating views, taxonomies, and feeds. Manage network of distributed content providers across multiple departments to ensure accuracy and consistency of information and styles. Manage website updates and edits. Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving technical issues. Work with YLS ITS department and outside vendors to validate security and module updates in a timely fashion. Monitors search engine results and website analytics, creates reports as needed, and reorganizes content appropriately. Ensure that website adheres to accessibility standards.
2. Responsible for scoping and managing website projects, analyzing user requirements and expectations, conceptualizing new initiatives, planning and implementing website structure and functionality, user interface, technical documentation, and graphic elements; scheduling, tracking progress, budgeting, delivering projects on time, within budget and within scope. Managing relationships and expectations effectively.
3. Defines and writes procedures and documentation, facilitates and supports business process change related to managing and maintaining website infrastructure and content.
4. Develops training materials and trains end-users, may oversee the work of other staff handling web-related duties.
5. May perform other duties as assigned.
Posting Position Title: Website Manager
University Job Title: Website Manager
Work Week: Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)
Required Skill/ability 1: Demonstrated experience managing a Drupal website and its components, including both front end and back end administrative experience, advanced knowledge of CSS.
Required Skill/ability 2: Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects on deadline, maintaining attention to detail, prioritizing projects on a constantly shifting basis.
Required Skill/ability 3: Ability to work with a range of clients, including faculty, staff and students, to identify needs and develop and implement web-based solutions.
Required Skill/ability 4: Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service, problem-solving, project management, and teamwork skills. Exceptional written and communication skills.
Required Skill/ability 5:
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Bachelor's degree. At least two to five years of practical experience managing websites and projects, including Drupal sites. Familiarity with configuring and monitoring SOLR search, ability to troubleshoot SQL queries, familiarity with GIT.
Required Licenses Or Certifications:
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and 5 - 7 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Yale University is an American private Ivy League research university located in New Haven, Connecticut. Founded in 1701 in the Colony of Connecticut, the university is the third-oldest institution of higher education in the United States.