Advertised Summary Job Description: This position is grant funded.
As part of the Global Technical Assistance project, ICAP will be conducting multiple evaluations and research projects to demonstrate the impact of enhanced and novel approaches to HIV care and treatment service programs. The focus of these studies includes, but is not limited to, prevention of mother-to-child-transmission of HIV (PMTCT), linkage and retention in HIV care, improving services for adolescents living with HIV, TB care and treatment, and HIV testing, prevention, and treatment strategies.
Reporting to the Senior Research Director, the Global TA Evaluation Coordinator will be responsible for providing overall technical support to several GTA evaluations/studies with regard to study implementation including development of standard operating procedures, study staff training, data management, report writing and all study procedures at the study sites.
- Oversee and supervise all project and evaluation-related activities including management and on-going technical support including:
- Oversee institutional review/ethics board submissions in the US, in country and to funder, including modifications and renewals
- Develop job descriptions and assist with recruitment of study staff
- Develop study staff training materials and participate in study staff training
- Develop study standard operating procedures and job aids
- Assist with procurement and other activities required for study start up
- Ensure adherence to the protocol and standard operating procedures
- Ensure adverse event reporting to the study principal investigators
- Provide technical support for procurement
- Monitor study spending and review all financial reporting
- Oversee study close out activities including secure storage of study data
- Ensure communication between NY-based investigators, in-country technical staff and study team:
- Provide weekly updates and communicate regularly with senior study staff to inform them of study progress and any challenges encountered at the sites
- Assist in-country study coordinators to provide regular updates on the progress of the study to the health facility management and clinical care teams at study sites
- Oversee data quality assurance for the study through routine data quality checks and on-site assessments as per study standard operating procedures
- Oversee data management for the study including facilitating submission of data from the on-site study team to New York offices
- Conduct on-site monitoring and data quality audits as required
- Assist with funder reporting and other study outputs, including manuscripts
- Assist with other aspects of the projects as directed.
General Minimum Qualifications: - Requires Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus 4 years of related experience.
- To be considered for this position, please complete the master application in its entirety, including all work history and education.
Additional Specific Minimum Qualifications: - Knowledge and practical experience in health related research, including adherence to research protocols, data collection procedures and ethical requirements of human subjects research
Demonstrated experience managing data and conducting data analysis, preferably using SAS
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite applications, including MS Access
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams
Preferred Qualifications: - Master of Public Health or related discipline
- 4+ years of related experience
- Experience managing and supervising a multi-site research project, including managing study staff, overseeing data collection for a research project and conducting data quality assessments.
- 2+ years HIV, HIV prevention research experience
- Experience coordinating projects whether research or service oriented
- Experience working in both domestic and international settings
- Experience in support of research sites or other research entities
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It... seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.