The executive administrative assistant provides administrative support of a highly complex and confidential nature to the Vice President of Instruction. This person works under limited supervision and must exercise initiative and independent judgment in setting priorities and carrying out all assignments. This individual must be able to work effectively with individuals at all levels within the college and also serve as liaison with a wide variety of groups outside the college: students, parents, business and community leaders, board members, elected officials, college presidents and system leadership. These contacts require tact, discretion, diplomacy, and maturity. Excellent public relations skills are a must and projection of a positive image for GTCC is required at all times. A sense of cooperation, cohesiveness, and teamwork needs to be fostered to allow the office of the Vice President of Instruction to run effectively on a day-to-day basis.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
· Associates Degree in Business Administration, Office Management or related field
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Office Management or related field
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
· Five years of recent progressively responsible experience providing administrative support to a manager or executive, including evidence of experience in the following areas:
- Thorough knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment to include, basic accounting practices to track budget and expenditures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and have experience using word processing, developing spreadsheets, developing presentations, and using database software applications
- Managing and maintaining an executive’s complex schedule
· More than 5 years of recent progressively responsible experience providing administrative support to a manager or executive
· Experience in an academic setting
· Recent experience with an enterprise student information system (e.g., Colleague)
· Possess an intermediate knowledge of database programs (e.g., Access)
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience
Guilford Technical Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education. As the third largest of 58 community ...colleges in the North Carolina Community College System, GTCC serves more than 40,000 students annually from its Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, Aviation and Donald W. Cameron campuses as well as its Small Business Center in Greensboro and High Point.