In this challenging role, you will provide exemplary classroom instruction for students enrolled in various agriculture and agribusiness courses offered by the Sustainable Agriculture program using a broad spectrum of methods. Duties may include any or all of the following:
- Prepare for instruction of the classes assigned by the department head. Insure that preparation and planning relate to the course syllabus provided by the department head, with particular attention to the sections covering learning objectives, plan of instruction, and grading policies.
- Prepare, select, or request appropriate audio visual material and/or instructional aids. Coordinate with other faculty teaching the same course and with faculty teaching sequential courses.
- Distribute, review and explain updated syllabus for each class. Present instruction for classes assigned by the department head and follow syllabus guidelines. Introduce new material, revise instructional innovation where appropriate. Adapt material and methods to meet individual student needs when practical.
- Confirm that students have necessary prerequisites for course entry. Maintain records of attendance, grades, etc. Maintain office hours or announce availability in person or by phone to enable students to gain assistance when needed. Submit final grade reports within the stated deadline each term.
- Perform administrative duties as designated by the department head. Assist with registration and recruitment as designated by the department head. Participate in course outcomes data collection.
- Provide regular evaluation and feedback. Relate student evaluation activities to objectives. Grade students in accordance with policy published in course syllabus on a weekly basis.
- Exhibit effective oral and written skills. Maintain professional relationship with students and colleagues. Gain familiarity with varied teaching strategies. Remain current on theories and practices related to subject field.
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina – and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! GTC promotes a respectful campus culture that reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree in an agriculture related or agribusiness related field and three (3) years of relevant experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Master's degree, teaching experience, and three (3) years of relevant experience
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience within state guidelines
Greenville Technical College is one of the largest institutions of higher learning in South Carolina – and we invite you to consider becoming a part of our team! Greenville Technical College was established to help improve the state’s economy by producing skilled workers, and the college has worked closely with employers to reach that goal ever since. GTC promotes a respectful campus culture tha...t reflects appreciation for diversity and inclusion at all levels. Visit www.gvltec.edu/diversity to learn more.