Project Coordinator - IT Project Management Office
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09092 Location: Sylvania Campus Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday Position Status: Classified; Salary Level 23, Fulltime, Non-exempt Starting Salary Range: $4,033 - $4,120 per month Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received Job Summary: Are you organized, efficient, good at multi-tasking, an excellent communicator, motivated to succeed, and have a passion for technology in education? If so, the Information Technology Project Management Office at PCC is looking for a Project Coordinator who would be responsible for organizing and coordinating project activities. This role assists in planning, scheduling, controlling, and monitoring a large portfolio of IT projects. Additional duties include assisting project managers in monitoring project scope, timeline, budget, and quality expectations. This role would also assist in managing stakeholder relationships, project definitions, project request submissions, and administering processes in the associated software platform. Loving sticky notes, whiteboards and video conferencing is a plus!
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Paid Leave: Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service) 8 hours of Sick Leave per month 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/ Responsibilities/Duties: 1.Coordinates, schedules, tracks, and monitors project activities; escalates issues as appropriate. 2.Administers project management software platform and ensures data quality, timeliness and accuracy is maintained. 3.Supports management to ensure operational excellence and goals are met. 4.Administers core project management functions and processes (e.g. intake & prioritization, management reporting, etc.) 5.Supports project stakeholders in submission, coordination and status of project requests. 6.Supports project teams in the management of project functions, by scheduling meetings, calls, facilitating communication and information flow, and other actions. 7.Assists project leads in tracking and managing risks, issues, and change requests and updating project artifacts as needed. 8.Contributes to the maintenance and updating of internal process documentation. Assists in developing and maintaining project management best practices. Identifies and recommends process improvements. 9.Participates in training as directed (project management best practices and software user training). 10.Supports and attends meetings; records action items and minutes and distributes to all project team members. 11.Effectively and accurately monitors and communicates relevant project information to stakeholders, clients, senior management and project team. Provides status updates. 12.Performs other related duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications: The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application. -Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position. - In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
Associate's Degree in Project Management, Computer Information Systems, business or related field or equivalent certification. Experience performing the duties of the position may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. Three years of professional experience in program or project coordination. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of: - Contemporary office practices, procedures and techniques; - Project/Portfolio management software; - Project management principles and techniques; - Microsoft Office Suite.
Skill in: - Working directly with senior business stakeholders; - Creating, organizing, and keeping records; - Effectively coordinating resources and meeting timelines; - Coordinating activities with other internal departments and external organizations.
Able to: - Develop and maintain effective working relationships; - Meet college expectations regarding customer service; -Maintain a reliable and dependable attendance record; -Work with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff; - Learn and utilize information systems and databases; - Communicate effectively through oral and written media Special/Preferred Qualifications: PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Awareness and Commitment to equity and inclusion issues that first-generation and historically-underserved populations face in institutions of higher education. Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in the workplace and/or program coordination.
2. Demonstrated effective oral, written, and listening communication skills to diverse individuals at all levels of an organization
3. Knowledge and skill in project management processes including best practices.
4. Demonstrated customer service skills with diverse stakeholders to coordinate successful project completions within a large organization with multiple priorities.
5. Administered and configured a software application for a department or organization. Additional Posting Information: To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application 2. Cover Letter (attach document)* 3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either 'Microsoft Word' or '.pdf' formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form. Documents that must be associated with this posting: Resume Cover Letter Full Time/Part Time: Full Time How to Apply For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://pa181.peopleadmin.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=55841
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Portland Community College is a dynamic multi-campus district with a reputation for innovation and excellence in the Pacific Northwest, and nationally. As part of our recruitment process we are actively seeking applicants who will bring diversity to our faculty, staff and administrative ranks. PCC is made up of three comprehensive campuses and more than 100 centers provide lower-division college t...ransfer courses, two-year associate degree programs, professional and technical career training programs, adult basic education, and non-credit courses. Our diverse student population numbers almost 90,000 students from all parts of the Portland metropolitan area. PCC works to foster excellence in both teaching and learning.Over 4000 full time and part time faculty, academic professional, classified, management and confidential staff are employed by the College. PCC's mission is to "provide quality education in an atmosphere that encourages the full realization of each individual's potential." To realize that goal, the college works to foster excellence in both teaching and learning. PCC is an AA/EEO institution. For more information visit http://www.pcc.edu/about/