Under the general direction of the Manager, Business Analysis, the Corporate Business Planning Analyst - Senior leads a variety of medium to large strategic, operational and financial integrated system projects. The individual must have proven commitment to exceptional customer service and a broad understanding of the larger SSM Health Dean Medical Group (DMG) business model in order to evaluate the system implications of change at the individual entities. The Senior Analyst will serve as the lead in research and analysis of project solutions as well as the development and communication of solutions to determine whether they meet the organization's business objectives and to ensure consistency across projects and with the corporate strategy. The Senior Analyst will present findings to all levels of management throughout the integrated system.
1. Analyze, synthesize and interpret business data and use of a creative problem solving approach to solve broad based and complex business issues. Projects and assignments may include medium to large projects to assist Senior Management decision making:
a. Operational and/or financial analysis.
b. Strategic assessment of current and future growth opportunities.
c. Analysis and research in support of specific business strategies.
d. Financial scenario modeling of potential initiatives and investments and comprehensive financial analysis which may include tactical implementation plan development and evaluation of strategic business alliances.
e. Development of corporate goals and metrics.
2. Create models to forecast business variables. Based on specific business requirements, develop ad hoc analysis for senior management to assess current/historical trends and potential impact on future profitability.
3. Interacts with Senior Management from DMG, SSM and DHP on significant strategic projects such as long range financial planning, facility planning, major program development or organizational program transitions. Projects require strategic planning, financial model development and coordination among organizations.
4. Mentor analysts in identifying appropriate analysis techniques and methods for presenting data in a way that it meets the customer's needs.
5. Serve as a lead in research, identification and analysis of the impact of potential project solutions on other departments and affiliated organizations, which may involve collaborating with individuals both internally and externally.
6. Lead and mentor research on new data sources and in improving the quality and efficiency of departmental work processes.
7. Utilize project management skills to develop and manage large, complex integrated system project plans from original concept through final implementation. Monitor and report to the project owners the progress, timeframe, scope, quality, cost and risk. Facilitate identification of issues assign responsibility and ensure proper resolution.
8. Mentor and train department staff on use of reporting tools, data structure and content, reporting tuning, testing and validation.
9. Maintain subject matter data expertise in two or more subject areas and provide guidance to other analysts in these areas.
10. Provide leadership and direction on project solutions by working closely with customers to obtain an in-depth understanding of the business need in order to develop business requirements.
11. Perform other duties, tasks or special assignments as needed.
1. Masters degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field with 1-3 years of finance or business experience in a healthcare environment OR Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field with 5 years of finance or business experience in a healthcare environment.
2. Advanced knowledge in one or more healthcare related subject areas (ambulatory, inpatient, professional billing, regulatory, coding, insurance, operations, administration, etc.).
3. Extensive experience with spreadsheets and database applications and reporting tools to create, manipulate, interpret and report from complex data sources.
4. Broad knowledge and understanding of database structures, query languages and concepts.
5. Project management experience involving complex analysis of multi-entity companies.
6. Solid analytical, critical thinking, financial analysis and problem solving skills to identify issues, create options requiring innovative solutions and make recommendations for management throughout the system to act on.
7. Strong time management skills for working on multiple projects at a given time and meeting assigned deadlines.
8. Proficient in using reporting tools (Crystal, Access, Comshare, SQL, Qlik View) used to fill data/information requests.
9. Proficient in data interpretation and identification of trends and anomalies.
10. Excellent presentation skills, demonstrated ability to present oneself and one's ideas with clarity, confidence and poise.
11. Proven ability to identify and facilitate process improvement activities.
12. Experience mentoring and training staff on use of data, tools, methodologies and presentation.
1. 1-3 years knowledge of Dean Health System and the Dean/SSM system.
2. Prior experience in an integrated health care delivery system.
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit for extended periods.
2. Ability to continuously see fine print and to use the computer for extended periods.
3. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
4. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.
5. Ability to lift and to push/pull boxes or tables up to 20 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
6. Ability to drive a personal vehicle on a weekly basis to attend meetings or trainings.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.
You’ve known us as many names throughout St. Louis, and now, we’re bringing our hospitals, doctors, home care and other services together under one name – SSM Health. With seven hospitals, 350+ physicians, more than 40 physician locations and 12,000 employees, we are part of something bigger and better. We’re connected to a wealth of resources, expertise and advance technology to help you, your fa...mily and our community live long, healthy lives.
We’ve grown and changed a lot over our 143-year history. Our name may be changing but our mission remains the same