The Manufacturing Quick Careers Program (AMQCP) instructor will be responsible for assuring that all of the components of the classroom and hybrid pieces are being delivered according to prescribed specifications. He or/ she will have experience with aviation structures and preferably some composite materials background. This position will be responsible to the AMQCP Project Coordinator to ensure that all of the deliverables are achieved and on target.
All teaching faculty at GTCC are responsible for classroom instruction including: a demonstrated proficiency in teaching, responding to student needs, classroom management, college service, curriculum management, demonstration of professionalism, cooperative working relationships with other faculty and staff, and support of the college administration. GTCC is a Learning Centered College and faculty are expected to employ strategies in the classroom and improve student access, progress, and completion. Faculty will integrate and use technology to prepare graduates for the workplace and enhance their college success.
Educational & Certification Requirements:
· Minimum of two years as an instructor in an aviation manufacturing program
· Associate degree in an aviation related program.
· Must have a minimum of 400 hours of Structures Manufacturing/Repair experience.
· Must meet at least one of the following criteria: completion of a course in teaching adults, experience in teaching adults, or experience in supervising aviation manufacturing employees
· Skilled in the structures aspects of aviation manufacturing and able to make sound judgment utilizing the aviation manufacturing process.
· Must be able to demonstrate and supervise operation in the following areas: Basic Blueprint Reading, Chemical Conversion, Composites, Drilling Practices, Electrical Bonding and Grounding, FOD Awareness, General Shop Safety, Installation and Removal of Various Fasteners, Tools for Measurement, Securing Devices, Sealing, and Sheet Metal Practices
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Professional Experience:
· At least 3 years of experience in aviation manufacturing or related aviation technical field
· Understanding and commitment to the nature and role of the community college
· Demonstrate behavior that reflects a professional image expected of aviation industry employees
· Possess good oral and verbal communication skills
· Must be able to instruct culturally diverse populations using various teaching modalities
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with experience
Guilford Technical Community College offers more than 80 programs of study and continues to support success through innovative education, training and partnerships. The college offers associate degrees, diplomas and certificates as well as noncredit courses in professional development, personal enrichment, job training, career development and basic education. As the third largest of 58 community ...colleges in the North Carolina Community College System, GTCC serves more than 40,000 students annually from its Jamestown, Greensboro, High Point, Aviation and Donald W. Cameron campuses as well as its Small Business Center in Greensboro and High Point.