The Business Development Specialist will work to support SHRM's overall B2B revenue initiatives. The position will support sales and business development efforts of a matrixed sales team, and is directly responsible for day-to-day management and overall growth of existing clients/ generating new clients, and reaching revenue goals for two B2B areas - corporate memberships and the annual conference corporate delegation program. The Specialist is responsible for increasing organizational adoption of SHRM Certifications relative to other certifications in the marketplace. This position will interface closely with marketing to support marketing campaigns to drive prospect and client engagement activity to meet revenue goals. The Specialist will also be responsible for managing SHRM's customer relationship management software; for ensuring it is fully optimized to support SHRM's B2B sales effort; and driving full implementation and utilization by SHRM matrix sales team. The Specialist will also manage the contracting process for relevant B2B contracts and will interface closely with stakeholders in legal, member care, marketing, accounting, and other internal stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Continue to grow, improve and expand two existing B2B initiatives - SHRM's Annual Conference Corporate Delegation Program and Bundled Membership Program.
Responsible for sales and revenue goals across these two B2B areas (includes new client acquisition, generating renewals, actively managing client accounts, negotiating and contracting, and managing on-site logistics).
Provide support to the efforts of the VP of Corporate Engagement to drive the adoption of SHRM certifications, the SHRM-CP and the SHRM-SCP, at the organizational level
Support matrixed sales team efforts to achieve overall B2B revenue goals.
Generate target market lead opportunities in support of matrixed sales teams business development efforts leveraging the SHRM membership and external sources.
Lead customer relationship management software optimization efforts working directly with Marketing, IT and others.
Support Marketing and other internal stakeholders to continuously improve the B2B micro-site, including; content curation, procurement of client testimonials, case studies, video testimonials, etc.
Support the reporting needs for the B2B initiative - financial, budgeting, and forecasting reports for internal and external use.
• Excellent account management skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, both listening and speaking in a persuasive manner to internal stakeholders, existing corporate clients, and potential corporate clients.
• Excellent presentation skills, both to small and large groups of individuals at varying levels within an organization.
• Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator.
• Ability to manage corporate outreach efforts, including sales, marketing and prospecting activities.
• Ability to identify areas for revenue growth and create sales plans around them.
• Excellent decision making, problem solving, critical thinking and proposal creation skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and opportunities at once, with the capability to meet critical, client-centric deadlines.
• Ability to proficiently use various software programs; MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel, CRM, Adobe, Membership Databases
• Bachelor’s Degree in sales, marketing or business administration.
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years experience in a professional services environment conducting sales, consulting, account management, marketing, or business development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Business Travel up to 25%.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply: www.shrm.jobs
No relocation assistance provided.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or TDD (703) 548-6990.
About Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries. For nearly seven decades, the Society has been the leading provider of resources serving the needs of HR professionals and advancing the practice of human resource management. SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and United Arab Emirates. Visit us at shrm.org.